Subject: [92hackathon] Any prerequisites required such as: coding languages, tools, platforms, etc ?

From: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 20:20:06 +0000

The following question was posted the hackathon discussion forum. I
thought it would be helpful to repeat it here as well.

The only prerequisite is to bring a laptop through which you are
comfortable developing. Familiarity with the technology area(s) in which
 you plan to participate will certainly help as well. There will be a
brief introduction provided at the start of the Hackathon by the
champions associated with each technology. The default development
platform for each technology is your laptop. Anything else that is
required will be provided, such as VMs you can install on our laptop or
access from your laptop. Specific languages are called out in some of
the SFC areas (e.g. Python, Java), but in general its up to you to
choose. Wireless access to the IETF network, and from there to the
outside world will be provided as well.
Hope that helps.

The champions for each technology are encouraged to share any other things
they think would be helpful in preparation for the hackathon.

Cheers,
Charles

---

From: "Timothy B. Terriberry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 12:49:55 -0800

> they think would be helpful in preparation for the hackathon.

The Daala project has a quickstart page that lists build pre-requisites:
https://wiki.xiph.org/Daala_Quickstart

Installing those in advance may save you some time at the event.