Subject: [92hackathon] collaborating on code at the hackathon

From: "Charles Eckel (eckelcu)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 21:31:11 +0000

I posted the following suggestion to help people share code at the
Hackathon.
https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-57302

For convenience, here are the contents of that post.

---
You can choose any mechanism that works for you and your team. Many
of you will be working with existing open source projects, in which case
 it may most straightforward to use whatever source code repository and
tooling are used within that projects.
Git and GitHub are commonly used for open source projects.
Here are some pointers to get you started with Git and GitHub.

1. Install Git on your laptop https://help.github.com/articles/set-up-git/
2. Join the default repository (a.k.a. repo) provided for the Hackathon
https://github.com/eckelcu/ietf-hackathon
3. Start
 working on any of the existing projects within this repo, or create a
new project for your work. This is typically done by creating a fork of
the repo. https://help.github.com/articles/fork-a-repo/
4. You may find it helpful to ³follow² other team members and ³watch² the
project(s) on which you are working.
https://help.github.com/articles/be-social/

You are now up and running. For a quick reference of common git commands,
see http://gitref.org/basic/#commit
---

They are very basic, but hopefully sufficient. If not, please suggest
improvements, or better yet, update the post directly.
https://communities.cisco.com/docs/DOC-57302

Cheers,
Charles

---

From: Dirk Kutscher <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 09:17:24 +0000

Hi folks,

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it on time to Dallas (Lufthansa strike, was not able to change my flight...), so I cannot join you on Saturday.

Best regards,
Dirk

> -----Original Message-----
> From: 92hackathon [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> Charles Eckel (eckelcu)
> Sent: Freitag, 13. März 2015 22:31
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [92hackathon] collaborating on code at the hackathon
> 
> You can choose any mechanism that works for you and your team. Many of
> you will be working with existing open source projects, in which case  it may
> most straightforward to use whatever source code repository and tooling are
> used within that projects.
>  working on any of the existing projects within this repo, or create a new
> project for your work. This is typically done by creating a fork of the repo.
> https://help.github.com/articles/fork-a-repo/
> You are now up and running. For a quick reference of common git
> commands, see http://gitref.org/basic/#commit
> ---
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> 92hackathon mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/92hackathon