Subject: Comments on draft-calhoun-diameter-18.txt

From: "Fredrik Johansson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 18:46:42 +0100

Hi

Found a type in section 8.2. The Command Codes that are specified within
this specification should be 257, 259, 274-276
Compare section 8.2 with 2.1

/Fredrik

8.2  Command Code Values

   As defined in section 2.1, the Command Code field has an associated
   value maintained by IANA. Values 0-255 are reserved for backward
   RADIUS compatibility, and values 256, 259, 174, 275 and 276 are
   defined in this specification. The remaining values are available for
   assignment via Designated Expert [12].

2.1
...
   Command-Code
      The Command-Code field is four octets, and is used in order to
      communicate the command associated with the message. The 32-bit
      address space is managed by IANA (see section 8.2). The following
      Command Codes are currently defined in the DIAMETER base protocol:

         Command-Name             Abbrev.    Code       Reference
         --------------------------------------------------------
         Device-Reboot-Ind         DRI       257           2.5
         Message-Reject-Ind        MRI       259           5.1
         Session-Termination-Ind   STI       274           3.5.1
         Session-Termination-      STR       275           3.5.2
            Request
         Session-Termination-      STA       276           3.5.3
            Answer

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------
Fredrik Johansson                    W: +46 (0)8 725 5916
Interactive People Unplugged     M: +46 (0)70 786 5035
mailto:[email-masked]
http://www.ipunplugged.com

---

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 16:21:27 -0800 (PST)

> Compare section 8.2 with 2.1

check. 

Thanks,

PatC

---

From: "Fredrik Johansson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 15:24:35 +0100

Hi Pat,

One down one to go :-)
Still a typo in section 8.2. The command code value for DRI should be 257.

/Fredrik