Subject: Section 2.2.5

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 08:41:58 -0800 (PST)

Does anyone see why section 2.2.5 (tandard DIAMETER Extension AVPs)needs to be
in the base protocol? It is problematic, since if some of the extensions do
not go through IESG at the same time, the base protocol *could* become
obsolete.

Anyone object to my removing it?

PatC

---

From: "Fredrik Johansson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 18:59:58 +0100

I agree, remove it or perhaps leave something like.

2.2.5 Additional DIAMETER Extension AVPs
	Additional AVPs may be defined in other DIAMETER Extensions. These may be
Extension specific or may add 	some additional feature to the DIAMETER
protocol as a whole. However these are not mandatory for the 	proper hanling
of the base protocol. For more information see respective DIAMETER Extension
document.

/Fredrik

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf
>Of Pat Calhoun
>Sent: den 10 januari 2001 17:42
>To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
>Subject: Section 2.2.5
>
>