Subject: DIAMETER Base Protocol (Alpha 1) / 2.4 State Machine

From: "Bob Kopacz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 17:27:26 -0500

Hi,

Here's a couple State/Event combinations that are not mentioned
in the "2.4  State Machine" section, as to what to do if you
receive something other than a DRI in response to your DRI.

Case 1:

    State     Event                          Action    New State
    -----     -----                          ------    ---------
    Wait-DRI  Receive MRI (to my DRI*)       ?         ?

    *In this case, I guess you recognize that the MRI is in 
    response to your DRI by matching the Identifier.
    
    Does action depend on whether MRI is in response to
    my DRI, or is some out-of-the-blue MRI?

    I'd guess that, in either case,
    Action = Clean up & New State = Closed.

Case 2:

    State     Event                          Action    New State
    -----     -----                          ------    ---------
    Wait-DRI  Receive message other than     ?         ?
              MRI or DRI.

    I'd guess either Action = Ignore & New State = Wait-DRI, 
    or Action = Clean up & New State = Closed.