Subject: Preview of new DIAMETER base protocol

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 10:25:27 -0800 (PST)

All,

I am making a preview of the next base protocol available at www.diameter.org.
This version has not been sent to the secretariat for publication, and is
Identified as Alpha 1. 

Given the number of changes, I though it would be worthwhile getting some
review prior to sending it in as a WG work item. It includes:

- Changes from the solutions I-D
- Lots of additional changes throughout the document as a result of the
changes. - Fix to the state machine
- etc, etc.

It does NOT include:
- New ABNF grammar (I thought more comments and careful review of Erik's
proposal 
  would be best).
- AES security (the current text still includes the MD5 style hiding. I have 
  asked for help with AES, and expect to have something soon).

The document can be found at
http://www.diameter.org/draft-calhoun-diameter-18.txt, while the diffs
(against version 17) are at http://www.diameter.org/diffs-in-18.txt.

Although I have reviewed the spec, it is possible that some inconsistencies
still exist. So any feedback would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

PatC