Subject: [AAA-WG]: Re: Destination-FQDN AVP

From: Patrice Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 10:19:34 -0700

>In base protocol section 5.0
>
>"When a Diameter entity receives a Diameter message of type Request,
>   Query or Indication that includes a Destination-FQDN AVP, and the
>   host specified in the AVP can be contacted directly, the message MUST
>
>   be forwarded to the host in question. ..........."
>
>As I know, there is NO Destination-FQDN AVP in the "Request" or "Query"
>Message.
>So I don't understand what you are trying to say. Am I missing something
>here?

Huh?

      <Session-Termination-Request>  ::= < Diameter Header: 275 >
                                         < Session-Id >
                                         { Origin-FQDN }
                                         { Origin-Realm }
                                         { User-Name }
                                         { Destination-Realm }
                                         { Destination-FQDN } <----
                                       * [ AVP ]
                                       * [ Proxy-State ]
                                       * [ Route-Record ]

PatC

---

From: "John Alayari" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 08:52:55 -0700

Pat,

In section 12.3.1 of base 02: 

"The Redirect-Host AVP (AVP Code 292) is of type Grouped and is found
   in Device-Status-Ind messages that include the DSI-Event AVP set to
   DIAMETER_REDIRECT_REQUEST"

Do you mean "DIAMETER_REDIRECT_INDICATION" ? or this is a new one?

John

---

From: Michael Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 11:01:03 -0700

Between Diameter servers, we ONLY route message base on Route-Record or
Destination-Realm AVP.   Route message base on Destination-FQDN ONLY happan
in local messaage(between NAS and Diameter). In your reply, we do have
Destination-FQDN in STR message but we need route the message by
Destination-Realm.  Do you think so?   Well, if it's correct, we need modify
section 5.0.

Well, Fredrik pointed out "why do we need both Destiation-Realm and
Destination-FQDN? Isn't this redundant information?" I agree with him.
Destination-Realm just realm part of user name in the request and
Destination-Realm is just part of Destination-FQDN in the reply or Indication
message. Am I missing something here?