Subject: [AAA-WG]: name conflict

From: Barney Wolff <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 17:41:31 -0400

See, we shoulda stuck with all caps.
Barney
----- Forwarded message from NewsScan <[email-masked]> -----

DOUBLECLICK TARGETS TRADITIONAL ADVERTISERS
DoubleClick is launching a new research division with an eye toward 
attracting more traditional advertisers to the Internet. The new group, 
called Diameter, will seek to shift attention away from "click-through" 
rates and instead focus on measurement techniques for determining 
consumers' purchasing power and brand awareness. Diameters activities 
include surveying 40,000 U.S. adult Web users on their Internet activity to 
create demographic profiles, and tracking the online behavior of 1.5 
million users to create a "buying power" index. It also has designed a way 
to measure brand awareness that compares how often a user sees an ad with 
how aware they are of the advertiser's name. "People are looking for proof 
of what the Internet can deliver," says Diameter's general manager. "This 
is a step forward for new advertisers who have not gotten [online] yet to 
get onboard." (Financial Times 2 Apr 2001)
http://news.ft.com/news/industries/media