Subject: [AAA-WG]: Latest I-Ds are now available

From: Patrice Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 16:45:42 -0700 (PDT)

All,

I have just sent the following IDs to the secretariat for publication:

draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-02.txt
	This I-D now includes Accounting, and portions of the framework
	document, which the WG has decided we will let expire. It also
	contains all of the changes that have been discussed on the list,
	include a new state machine. Comments on the state machine would be
	most appreciated.

	Still pending is the text in section 7.0 (Transport Failure Detection).
	I am currently working the details out with Allison Mankin, and expect
	to have this text fixed up in version 3 of the ID.

	I do not believe that there are any pending issues with the base,
	except for Bernard's recent end-to-end capabilities exchange e-mail,
	which has never been a requirement until recently discussed.

draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-mobileip-02.txt
	This I-D includes many changes that have been discussed on the
	list, including co-located mobile node support. Accounting AVPs
	from the base have been pulled into this version, as well as
	the Filter-Rule AVP. See the archives for the list of changes,
	as they are quite great (or a good diff may help :).

draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-nasreq-02.txt
	This I-D includes mostly changes to accounting, and some of the AVPs
	from the base protocol were pulled into this spec (as discussed on the
	list). Some new AVPs from the RADIUS tunneling I-D had never made it
	to this document, and were added.

Although the documents have been sent to the secretariat, it does take a few
days for them to be available on the ftp servers, so a preview of the files
can be found at www.diameter.org.

Comments are appreciated,

PatC

---

From: Mark Eklund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 13:01:49 -0400 (EDT)

Section 7.4.2 of draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-nasreq-02.txt States
that Tunnel-Medium-Type AVP is of type Unsigned32, but later
says that the value field is three octets.  Is this a cut and
paste error?

7.4.2  Tunnel-Medium-Type AVP

   The Tunnel-Medium-Type AVP (AVP Code 65) is of type Unsigned32 and
   contains the transport medium to use when creating a tunnel for
   those protocols (such as L2TP) that can operate over multiple transports.
   It MAY be used in an authorization request as a hint to the server
   that a specific medium is desired, but the server is not required
   to honor the hint in the corresponding response.

   The Value field is three octets and contains one of the values
   listed under "Address Family Numbers" in [10]. The value of most
   importance is (1) for IPv4 and (2) for IPv6.

-mark

---

From: "John Alayari" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 13:17:45 -0700

Pat, 

This is my comment on the peer state machine in the -02 version:

The current state machine is:
-----------------------------
Closed           Start            I-Snd-Conn-Req   Wait-Conn-Ack
                 R-Rcv-Conn-Req   I-Snd-Conn-Ack   Wait-R-DRI 

Shouldn't it be? 
---------------
Closed           Start            I-Snd-Conn-Req   Wait-Conn-Ack
                 I-Rcv-Conn-Req   I-Snd-Conn-Ack   Wait-I-DRI
                 R-Rcv-Conn-Req   R-Snd-Conn-Ack   Wait-R-DRI

John

---

From: "David Mitton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 17:42:32 -0400

No, you don't receive connects on the "I" socket.
Only on the "R" socket.

Another explanation; hopefully there is only one code path accepting 
incoming connections on the TBD Diameter port.

         Dave.

>The current state machine is:

---------------------------------------------------------------
David Mitton                                  ESN: 248-4570
Advisor, Nortel Networks                      978-288-4570 Direct
Wireless Solutions, IP Mobility
Billerica, MA 01821                    [email-masked]