Subject: [AAA-WG]: [issue] Typographical change to sec. 3.2 of draft-ietf-aaa-transport-04.txt

From: David Spence <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 17:10:54 -0400

Subject: [issue] Typographical change to sec. 3.2 of
draft-ietf-aaa-transport-04.txt

Submitter name: David Spence
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date first submitted: June 29, 2001
Reference: http://www.merit.edu/mail.archives/aaa-wg/msg01498.html
Document: draft-ietf-aaa-transport-04.txt
Comment type: E
Priority: 1
Section: 3.2
Rationale/Explanation of issue:

The following paragraph contains a typographical error and an instance of
awkward wording.

[3]  After the the expiration of two watchdog timers without a response,
     the AAA client SHOULD cause a transport reset or close to be done
     on the connection.  While the connection is in the closed state,
     the AAA client MUST NOT attempt to send further watchdog messages
     on the connection. However, after the connection is closed, the AAA
     client continues to periodically attempt to re-open the connection.
     The AAA client SHOULD wait for the transport layer to report
     connection failure before attempting again, but MAY chose to limit
                                                         ^^^^^    ^^^^^
                                                         choose   bound
     this wait time by the watchdog interval, Tw. If the connection is
     successfully opened, then the watchdog message is sent. Once three
     watchdog messages have been sent and responded to, the connection
     is returned to service, and transactions are once again sent over
     it. Connection validation via receipt of multiple watchdogs is not
     required when a connection is initially brought up -- in this case,
     the connection can immediately be put into service.

Requested change:

Change as indicated or alternatively, fix the awkward wording by replacing
the phrase "...to limit this wait time by the watchdog interval..." with the
phrase "...to limit this wait time not to exceed the watchdog interval...".

-- 
David Spence                            email: [email-masked]
Interlink Networks, Inc.                phone: (734) 821-1203
775 Technology Drive, Suite 200         fax:   (734) 821-1235
Ann Arbor, MI 48108           
U.S.A.