Subject: [AAA-WG]: Issue 86: Diameter URI changes

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2001 16:19:21 -0700

All,

Comments on the list have required that the URI format change. The following
is the proposed text

      DiameterIdentity
         The DiameterIdentity format is derived from the OctetString AVP
         Base Format.  It uses the UTF-8 encoding and has the same
         requirements as the UTF8String.  In addition, it must follow
         the Uniform Resource Identifiers (URI) syntax [29] rules
         specified below:

            Diameter-Identity  = fqdn [ port ] [ transport ]
                                 [ protocol ]

            aaa-protocol       = ( "diameter" | "radius" | "tacacs+" )

            protocol           = ";protocol=" aaa-protocol
            ; If absent, the default AAA protocol is diameter.

            fqdn               = Fully Qualified Host Name

            port               = ":" 1*DIGIT
            ; One of the ports used to listen for incoming connections.
            ; If absent, the default Diameter port (TBD) is assumed.

            transport          = ";transport=" ( "tcp" | "sctp" | "udp" )
            ; One of the transports used to listen for incoming
            ; connections. If absent, the default SCTP [26] protocol is
            ; assumed. UDP MUST NOT be used when the aaa-protocol field
            ; is set to diameter.

            The following are examples of valid Diameter host identities:

               host.abc.com;transport=tcp
               host.abc.com:6666;transport=tcp
               aaa://host.abc.com;protocol=diameter
               aaa://host.abc.com:6666;protocol=diameter
               aaa://host.abc.com:6666;transport=tcp;protocol=diameter
               aaa://host.abc.com:1813;transport=udp;protocol=radius

Thanks,

PatC