Subject: [AAA-WG]: Issue 59: e2e mandatory status

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 06:57:38 -0700

All,

Can I close this issue with the text that I proposed earlier? Here is the text
again for your convenience:

   The CMS Diameter security application [11] contains two features:
      1. A set of messages that allows a Diameter node to establish a
         security association, which is used to secure AVPs within a
         Diameter message, even though the message may traverse
         intermediate Diameter agents. A set of AVPs are also defined to
         sign and encrypt AVPs, as well as to transport certificates.
         This feature MUST be supported by Diameter server and proxy
         agents, SHOULD be supported by Diameter clients, and MAY be
         supported by relay and redirector agents.
      2. A set of messages, known as PDSR and PDSA, allows a Diameter
         client to request that an agent establish a Diameter security
         association with a server in a specific realm. This feature
         MUST be supported by Diameter clients and Proxy agents, and MAY
         be supported by Diameter servers, relay and redirector agents.
PatC

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 17:20:52 +0300

Sounds reasonable to me. (One minor note perhaps
is that I posted last week a proposal that we
could perhaps make the PDSR-PDSA apply for all
traffic rather than a single domain, releaving
the NASes on an additional roundtrip for new domains.
Perhaps this could be adopted at the same time, or
we could treat it as a separate issue. In any case,
it doesn't have fundamental implications so which
ever way we decide is fine for me.)

Jari
-- 
Jari Arkko, Oy L M Ericsson Ab, 02420 Jorvas, Finland. Tel +358 9 2992480
Fax +358 9 2993052. GSM +358 40 5079256. E-Mail: [email-masked]
NEW, UPDATED PRIVATE WWW http://www.arkko.com. Standard disclaimers apply.

---

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 07:11:11 -0700

> ever way we decide is fine for me.)

right but that issue is covered by 85, but 59.

PatC