Subject: [AAA-WG]: [Issue] Destination-Realm & proxies/relays

From: Jacques Caron <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 17:51:04 +0200

Submitter name: Jacques Caron
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date first submitted: 11-Jun-2001
Reference:
Document: Base
Comment type: T
Priority: 1
Section: 5.x
Rationale/Explanation of issue:

Destination-Realm is used to route messages towards the home server. In a 
"normal" situation (i.e. authentication of a user with a NAI-formatted 
User-Name), the realm is extracted from the User-Name by the NAS. However, 
in some cases (e.g. authorization based on called/calling number), a proxy 
might create the Destination-Realm AVP itself.

This is incompatible with the fact that a message without a 
Destination-Realm should not be proxied.

Possible options:
1. Create a flag in the message header to specify that a message is not 
proxiable.
2. Create different classes for "protocol" messages (all not proxiable?) 
and for "application" messages.
3. Define a dummy realm to be included in messages where the "real" realm 
is to be inserted later on?

It is also necessary to clarify the wording regarding where the 
Destination-Realm is created and how.

Requested changes:
pending discussion and selection of one of the above options.

Comments/suggestions welcome.

Jacques.

_________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com