Subject: [AAA-WG]: Some editorials on Base-06

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 21:59:56 +0300

Hi,

Mainly some editorial nits related to the Base-06:

In the section 1.3, "Terminology", Session description, the last sentence
"devices serving the same user." should be removed?

In the section 2.5.3, "Redirector Agents", the 4th paragrapth, DRL instead
of DLR.

In the section 9.1.4, "Transient Failures", the error
DIAMETER_UNSUPPORTED_VERSION       5013 describes that: "This error is
returned when a CEA message is received, and the Diameter message is
unsupported." Should this be instead "This error is returned when a CEA
message is received, and the Diameter version is unsupported."? In this case
the version field of the CEA message could indicate the highest Diameter
base protocol version supported by the node. If this is not acceptable for
the receiving node it terminates the connection.

In the section 10.0, "Diameter User Sessions", 3rd paragraph, it says that
"Note that the Authorization-Lifetime AVP implies how long the Diameter
server is willing to pay for the services rendered, therefore a Diameter
client SHOULD NOT expect payment for services rendered past the session
expiration time." Should this be instead "...a Diameter client SHOULD NOT
expect payment for services rendered past the Authorization-Lifetime
expiration."?

In the section 10.1, "Authorization Session State Machine", the state
machine description,  should SKR/SKA be replaced by
Abort-Session-Request/Answer (ASR/ASA)?

In the section 10.11, "Termination-Cause AVP", The error
DIAMETER_ADMINISTRATIVE           4 describes that "The user was not granted
access, or was disconnected, due to administrative reasons, such as the
receipt of a Session-Kill-Request message." Session-Kill-Request should be
replace by the Abort-Session-Request?

Br, Jaakko

---

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 12:29:08 -0700

> Mainly some editorial nits related to the Base-06:

ok, I will open an issue for these, accept them, and close it. This is purely
for tracking purposes.

> "devices serving the same user." should be removed?

correct.

> In the section 2.5.3, "Redirector Agents", the 4th paragrapth, DRL instead

yes.

> the receiving node it terminates the connection.
yes the description is wrong, but I feel uncomfortable with your suggestion since
it implies that an implementation supports all previous versions. I think that an
implementation could just try to re-connect, and send a CER with a different
supported version number.

> expect payment for services rendered past the Authorization-Lifetime

correct.

> Abort-Session-Request/Answer (ASR/ASA)?

yup.

> replace by the Abort-Session-Request?
Another one I missed :(

Thanks,

PatC