Subject: [AAA-WG]: Issue 83: Routing/forwarding clarifications

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 08:01:03 -0700

Here's a few questions on this particular issue:

> - If multiple hosts listed for a given realm (redirect, relay, proxy), use 
> the same one for a given Session (either need to maintain Session state or 
> to use some hash function based on Session-ID) unless error occurs (and 
> then keep that one that works). 

The transport draft already describes how primary/alternates are chosen. I
don't think that the base protocol needs to discuss this as well.

> - Clarify if connections to peers are supposed to be opened at startup, or 
> when needed only. 

Again, this is handled in the transport draft.

> - Clarify relationship of server discovery (SLP, DNS A, DNS SRV...) with 
> peer table and/or routing table. 

ok, this *could* be done, but seems really implementation specific. How one
adds a peer entry doesn't seem like it belongs, but let me look at the spec
and see what I can do.

> - move peer and routing table description earlier in the doc (somewhere in 
> 2.5 or 2.6). 

I think that describing the routing and peer tables before we've even
discussed routing packets seems illogical to me :(

> - Clarify whether "on-demand" connections (e.g. Redirect-Host with 
> certificate) should timeout. 

This is already in -06, right?

> - refuse connection to oneself 

another one that begs the question as to whether it isn't obvious enough.

PatC