Subject: [AAA-WG]: Issue 93. End-to-End identifier

From: "Fredrik Johansson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 18:31:23 +0200

Submitter name: Fredrik Johansson
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date first submitted: 28-Jun-2001
Reference:
Document: base-06
Comment type: T
Priority: S
Section: 3.0,
Rationale/Explanation of issue:

The end-to-end identifier is not monotonically increasing, thus it requires
a server to save all identifers on a per host basis to be able to see if the
message has been received before. Some describing text is also missing on
how a server should treat a message that it has received before.

Requested change:

Make the e-2-e identifier monotonically increasing and suggest that the
server stores the identifiers in the same manner as done in AH (section
3.4.3 in RFC 2402) but with a suggested value of 128 as default window.

Also, add some text describing what a server should do when the e-2-e
identifier has been seen before. e.g. discard it or reply with the same
answer as last time.

/Fredrik