Subject: [AAA-WG]: Issue 56: Flag bit for start of conversation

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 15:39:54 -0700

All,

Bernard felt that if clarifying text could be added that states that a message
has NO fixed destination if the Destination-Host AVP is missing, we could close
this issue. So, I'd like to propose the following (new 3rd paragraph):

5.6  Destination-Host AVP

   The Destination-Host AVP (AVP Code 293) is of type DiameterIdentity.
   This AVP MUST be present in all unsolicited agent initiated messages,
   MAY be present in request messages, and MUST be present in Answer
   messages.

   When responding to requests, the value of the Destination-Host AVP is
   set to the value of the Origin-Host AVP found in the request.

   The absence of the Destination-Host AVP will cause a message to be
   sent to any Diameter server supporting the application within the
   realm specified in Destination-Realm AVP.

   This AVP SHOULD be placed as close to the Diameter header as
   possible.

PatC