Subject: [AAA-WG]: [Issue] #32 NASREQ extension includes Indication messages

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 10:32:58 -0700

All,

In the process of attempting to fix up Issue #32, I've come across an
interesting problem. The indication messages were also used by servers
to request unsolicited re-auth to the nas. By removing these messages,
we remove this feature. 

Therefore, it looks like there is a need for a message from the server
to the access device to request a re-auth. The issue, though, is whether
this should be an extension specific message, or more of a generalized
message? 

Does anyone have any ideas on the best way to solve this problem? I am
currently inclined to create a new message set, which would lead to the
following:

  NAS                   Server
      <--- re-auth-req ----
      ---- re-auth-answ -->
      ---- AAR ----------->
      <--- AAA ------------

Ideas?

PatC