Subject: RE: [AAA-WG]: [Issue] EAP Support issues

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 17:42:50 +0300

> On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 04:47:34PM -0700, Bernard Aboba wrote:
> > I think it replaces issue 51, no?
> 
> If we can get some confirmation from Henry, I will then close 51.
> 
> Henry?

I agree with everything in Bernard's issue description.
But I'd still like to include some text on roundtrip 
optimization. I don't think it can be entirely covered
in the RFC2284bis document. Can we include something along 
these lines:

   If an EAP Request is encapsulated within an Access-Accept or 
   Access-Reject, then the NAS MUST relay the encapsulated EAP 
   Request to the peer. The NAS MUST retransmit the EAP Request 
   to the peer until a Response packet with the same Identifier is 
   received or an optional retry counter expires. The NAS MUST NOT 
   send the received Response packet to the AAA server but it MUST 
   discard the Response packet. On receipt of the Response packet, 
   the NAS MAY manufacture an EAP-Success or an EAP-Failure (depending 
   on the Diameter message type) and send it to the peer.

Regards,
Henry