Subject: RE: [AAA-WG]: [Issue] EAP Support issues

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 17:50:30 +0300

Jacques,

> This is contrary to IEEE 802.1X, which states that as soon as 
> an Accept or 
> Reject is received (whether it contains an EAP packet or 
> not), a "canned" 
> EAP Success or Failure should be sent to the peer.

That is true, and I don't think we should change this in 
Radius. But I belive we can require different (optimized) 
behaviour in Diameter.

Regards,
Henry

---

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 07:45:24 -0700

> Radius. But I belive we can require different (optimized) 

But wouldn't this cause problems if one wanted to use Diameter in 802.1x
nets? What about protocol translation?

Compatibility is very important.

PatC