Subject: [AAA-WG]: Issue 86: Diameter URI Changes

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 07:36:43 -0700

All,

Here is a new issue, which I am creating to propose changes to the URI as
a result of a review. My thanks for Leslie Daigle for her review.

Comments appreciated,

PatC
----
Issue 86: Diameter URI Changes 
Submitter name: Pat Calhoun 
Submitter email address: [email-masked] 
Date first submitted: June 15 ,2001 
Reference: 
Document: base 
Comment type: Technical 
Priority: S 
Section: 4.4 
Rationale/Explanation of issue: 

This issue contains changes that resulted from a review of 
our current URI. 

Proposed Text: 
      DiameterIdentity
         The DiameterIdentity format is derived from the OctetString AVP
         Base Format.  It uses the UTF-8 encoding and has the same
         requirements as the UTF8String.  In addition, it must follow
         the Uniform Resource Identifiers (URI) syntax [29] rules
         specified below:

            Diameter-Identity  = [scheme-name] fqdn [ port ]
                                 [ transport ]

            scheme-name        = "aaa://" aaa-protocol "/"
            ; If absent, the default BASE for relative URI references
            ; is aaa://diameter/

            aaa-protocol       = ( "diameter" | "radius" | "tacacs+" )

            fqdn               = Fully Qualified Host Name

            port               = ":" 1*DIGIT
            ; If absent, the default Diameter port (TBD) is assumed.

            transport          = ";transport=" ( "tcp" | "sctp" | "udp")
            ; If absent, the default SCTP [26] protocol is assumed.
            ; UDP is ONLY used when the protocol is set to RADIUS

            The following are examples of valid Diameter host identities:

               host.abc.com;transport=tcp
               host.abc.com:6666;transport=tcp
               aaa://diameter/host.abc.com
               aaa://diameter/host.abc.com:6666
               aaa://diameter/host.abc.com:6666;transport=tcp
               aaa://radius/host.abc.com:1813;transport=udp

         The first two forms are relative URI references, against the default
         base of aaa://diameter/