Subject: [AAA-WG]: Issue: More editorial comments

From: Tony Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 11:17:55 -0700

Submitter name: Tony Johansson
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date first submitted: July 31th, 2001
Reference: N/A
Document: base
Comment type: E
Priority: 2
Section:
Rationale/Explanation of issue:

Page 12, section 2.0, 2nd paragraph:
“The CMS Diameter security application [11]…” should be The Diameter CMS
security application [11]….”

Page 16, section 2.5:
"The following Application Identifier values are defined:

      NASREQ               1 [7]
      End-to-End Security  2 [11]
      Mobile-IP            4 [10]
      Relay                0xffffffff"

For consistency the End-to-End Security should be changed to CMS
security.

Page 12, section 2.0, 2nd paragraph:
The two bullets say almost the same thing. So what about deleting the
first sentence in bullet 1 and start with “1. A set of AVPs are defined
to sign and encrypt AVPs…” and keep bullet 2 as is.

Page 68, section 6.2.2, 3rd and 4th paragraph:
“If the agent receives an answer message with a Result-Code AVP
indicating success, and it wishes to modify the AVP to indicate an
error, it MUST issue an STR on behalf of the access device. The agent
MUST then send the answer to the host which it received the original
request from.”

The above paragraph needs to better clarify what the relay/proxy agent
sends back to the access device.

Suggested change:
“If the agent receives an answer message with a Result-Code AVP
indicating success, and it wishes to modify the AVP to indicate an
error, it MUST issue an STR on behalf of the access device. The agent
MUST then send the answer to the access device with the modified
Result-Code AVP indicating the error and MUST also add the
Error-Reporting-Host AVP, which will contain the identity of this
agent.”

Page 78, section 7.1.5,4th paragraph from the bottom:
”DIAMETER_NO_COMMON_APPLICATION     5012
     This error is returned when a CEA message…” should be “This error
is returned when a CER message…”