Subject: [AAA-WG]: Issue: Request for a new AVP called Missing-AVP

From: Tony Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 14:48:40 -0700

Submitter name: Tony Johansson
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date first submitted: July 31th, 2001
Reference: N/A
Document: base
Comment type: T
Priority: 2
Section: 7.1.5
Rationale/Explanation of issue:

Page 77, section 7.1.5:
” DIAMETER_MISSING_AVP               5006
         The request did not contain an AVP that is required by the
         Command Code definition. If this value is sent in the Result-
         Code AVP, a Failed-AVP AVP SHOULD be included in the message.
         The Failed-AVP AVP MUST contain an example of the missing AVP”

To reduce the amount of processing in the event of a missing AVP it
would be better not have to create the "missing AVP"  and add it in a
Failed-AVP. A simpler approach would be to define a new AVP called
Missing–AVP, which just includes the AVP code of the missing AVP.

Requested change:
7.6 Missing-AVP AVP
The Missing-AVP (AVP Code XXX) is of type unsigned32 and contains the
AVP code of the missing AVP. This AVP MUST be added in an answer where
the Result Code-AVP is set to DIAMETER_MISSING_AVP. There could be
multiple Missing-AVP AVPs added in an answer, in cases where more than
one AVP is missing.