Subject: [AAA-WG]: Question on implicit session termination

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 15:14:46 +0300

Hi,

The base-06 defines in section 10.1 that:

"An access device MAY include an Authorization-Lifetime AVP with a value of
zero to inform the Diameter server that the authorization requested will
only occur once, and no further auth messages are to be sent with this
particular session identifier."

It is not clear whether "no further auth messages" means that there MUST be
only one Request/Answer pair if the implicit termination is used or is it
possible to there MAY be more than one Request/Answer pair before the
implicit session termination? 

There may be applications which use more than one Request/Answer pair e.g.
for authentication before the authorization is accepted and for those
allowing more one Request/Answer pair would be needed. The application
should define when an authorization and/or authentication has succeeded or
failed which is used to determine when the implicit session termination
actually happens.

Best Regards, Jaakko