Subject: [AAA-WG]: API Issue

From: David Frascone <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 21:54:45 -0500

With the changes in the diameter base protocol draft  (-06 and -07), it
opens up some possible changes in the API.

In the old api, you would simply create a new message via:

AAANewMessage(commandCode, vendorId, sessionId, extensionId, &msg);

The problem now is, requests and answers share the same command code.  So,
I see two ways to solve this:

a) AAANewMessage(commandCode, vendorId, requestFlag, session id . . . yatta

or

b) A function to set the request bit:

AAASetMessageAsResponse(AAAMessage *msg)
AAASetMessageAsAnswer(AAAMessage *msg)

Any preferences?

I'm leaning towards style B.

-Dave

---

From: David Frascone <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 08:46:53 -0500

> AAASetMessageAsResponse(AAAMessage *msg)
                 ^^^^^^^^

I meant request, of course. Twas late.

---

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 09:05:55 -0700

Should we use the issues list to track API changes as well?

BTW, there is another change required to the API. An application has no way
to know when a session is termination. This could occur for the following
reasons:

1. Internally generated due to authorization or session lifetime expiration.
2. Internally generated due to administrative reasons, or
3. server initiated Abort-Session-Request.

So, perhaps when the AAAOpen() is called, the app should provide the
callback function to receive disconnect indications?

Thoughts?

PatC