Subject: [AAA-WG]: Roadmap

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 09:33:31 -0700 (PDT)

For the last several months, we have been engaged in a fairly vigorous
process of generating issues, and resolving them. More than 90 issues have
been posted and all but a handful are resolved at this point. 

With the incoming rate of new issues declining to a trickle, we are
entering the final phase of our efforts. This is a note to describe where
we go from here. 

1. Pat will be posting a revised draft set before the deadline,
incorporating the latest issue resolutions. This draft set will be the
basis of the discussion in London. I'd encourage everyone to read it
carefully.

2. Some time after the revised draft set comes out, we will go to WG last
call. In order to track last call issues, we ask that people post their
issues in the same format that we have been using. This makes it easier to
track the last call issues, and keep track of how we are resolving them. 
If you have any reservations about the Diameter drafts, or any suggested
edits, there will not be any better time to raise them. Please set aside
the time to do a thorough reading of the drafts so that we can get all the
last call issues out on the table. 

3. The London meeting will focus primarily on discussing issues. So far we
don't have any other agenda suggestions, so please get them in. 

4. Depending on how many last call issues we have, we may decide to hold
an interim meeting to help get closure. 

5. Once the last call issues are resolved, Pat will make the edits, and we
will send the documents on to the IESG. 

While I don't want to set any precise timetable for items #1-5, my
expectation is that we would complete the process by the end of the
summer/early fall. Let's get the Diameter documents out!