Subject: [AAA-WG]: Ip addresses and ip names..

From: Martin Andersson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:45:39 +0200

Could anyone explain to me what happens if a node does not have a DNS 
resolvable address? Is that supposed to be looked at as a misconfiguration? 
I can see that for example OriginHost or uri:s could be handled with just the 
ip address, but how should for example OriginRealm be handled if we don't 
have defined ip masks? There is no way as I see it to get the realm from an 
address without the mask...

Is there something that I miss here?

/Martin

---

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 04:24:41 -0700

> address without the mask...

You have a couple of options. In today's RADIUS networks, this information
is largely statically configured, and I suspect that there'll be plenty of
static config in Diameter networks as well. However, the WG decided to do
better than RADIUS and allow for dynamic configuration, which is what you
are referring to.

So, static configuration is your friend in this instance,

PatC