Subject: [AAA-WG]: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-le-aaa-diameter-mobileipv6-00.txt

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 10:59:07 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: Diameter Mobile IPv6 Application
	Author(s)	: S. Faccin et al.
	Filename	: draft-le-aaa-diameter-mobileipv6-00.txt
	Pages		: 
	Date		: 18-Jul-01
	
This document specifies a new Application to Diameter for Mobile
IPv6, allowing an IPv6 mobile node to receive service from foreign
service providers thanks to the support of inter domain roaming by
the AAA infrastructure. The draft describes a solution that allows
the Diameter infrastructure to authenticate and authorize an IPv6
mobile node, distribute security keys to enable the provisioning of
services to the IPv6 mobile node, and perform and optimize mobility
procedures for the IPv6 mobile node.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-le-aaa-diameter-mobileipv6-00
.txt>

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-le-aaa-diameter-mobileipv6-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
<http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html> 
or <ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt>

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-le-aaa-diameter-mobileipv6-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Pat Calhoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 08:54:35 -0700

Very cool!

I do, however, wonder where this work belongs. Should it be in AAA WG,
or in Mobile IP? Once we are done with the set of specs in AAA, we
will only have the API and the MIB left, so I believe they would have 
bandwidth.

My preference is in AAA WG, but requiring some coordination with MIP.

PatC