Subject: [AAA-WG]: AMA for co-located MN

From: Sivasundar Ramamurthy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 15:30:55 -0800 (PST)

Hello,

I was wondering whether it is viable to make it mandatory for the AAAH
to include the MIP-Reg-Req AVP (from the AMR) in the AMA for
co-located MN.

1. The HA can process the request without having to store any
information while the AMA is pending. With current standards, the HA
probably needs to save something in the range of the entire request to
a partially formed reply.

2. All the information required to form the registration reply and
update the session is available in the AMA, just like the HAR.  
Processing the AMR and the HAR becomes very similar.

3. HA implementors might find this feature really useful :-)

The costs of this feature seem resonable; the AAAH needs just needs to
copy over the MIP-Reg-Request AVP in the AMR to the AMA (irrespective
of the result code).

However, the increased length of the AMA packet due to the addition of
the MIP-Reg-Request AVP might be a drawback worth consideration....

thanks!

Siva