Subject: [AAA-WG]: [issue] MIP-Reg-Reply AVP not required in AMA for Co-located MN

From: "Bob Kopacz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 13:46:48 -0500

Issue Number: To be assigned
Description of issue: MIP-Reg-Reply AVP not required in AMA for Co-located MN 
Submitter name: Bob Kopacz
Date first submitted: 01-10-2002.
Document: mobile-ip draft-08
Comment type: T
Priority: 1
Section: 2.2 "AA-Mobile-Node-Answer"

Rationale/Explanation of issues:

Sesion 2.2 of the Mobile-IP draft-08 states that "An AMA message with
the Result-Code AVP set to DIAMETER_SUCCESS MUST include the [...]
MIP-Reg-Reply AVP."

In the case of a co-located MN, however, the AAAH would be sending the
AMA as a direct response to the AMR, with no HAR/HAA messages
involved, so in this case the AMA would not contain a MIP-Reg-Reply
AVP.

This was first noted by Siva Ramamurthy on the AAA-WG mailing list
on 11-28-2001.

The occurrence rule table and message ABNF are ok.

Requested change:

Change the first sentence of the second paragraph 

From:

   An AMA message with the Result-Code AVP set to DIAMETER_SUCCESS MUST
   include the MIP-Home-Agent-Address, MIP-Home-Mobile-Node-Address and
   MIP-Reg-Reply AVPs.

To:

   An AMA message with the Result-Code AVP set to DIAMETER_SUCCESS MUST
   include the MIP-Home-Agent-Address AVP, MUST include the
   MIP-Home-Mobile-Node-Address AVP, and includes the MIP-Reg-Reply AVP
   if and only if the Co-Located-Mobile-Node bit was not set in the
   MIP-Feature-Vector AVP.