Subject: [AAA-WG]: Issue 244: ELECTION_LOST result code

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 22:45:33 +0200

This issue has been marked as a poosible reject. I agree & unless
someone speaks up, I will mark this as a reject.

John

Issue 244: ELECTION_LOST result code 
Submitter name: Michael Chen 
Submitter email address: [email-masked] 
Date first submitted: 19-Nov-01 
Reference: 
Document: base-08 
Comment type: E 
Priority: 1 
Section: Base: 5.4.3 

Rationale/Explanation of issue: 
DPR is not sent to its peer when lost the election so ELECTION_LOST 
result code is not used. 

Requested change: 
Remove this result code.

---

From: Don Zick <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 16:18:27 -0500

I don't understand why this is being rejected.  Is the ELECTION_LOST
result code used anymore?

Don Z.

---

From: "Kevin Purser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 14:05:43 -0800

> result code used anymore?

Agreed.  If memory serves, originally when a peer lost an election, it would
send a CEA with a result code indicating success and then immediately send a
DPR with a Disconnect-Cause indicating ELECTION_LOST.  As a result of the
last interop event, it was decided it would be better to just send a CEA
with the ELECTION_LOST result code.  Thus, the idea with this issue was to
simply move this result code from the enumerated Disconnect-Cause AVP into
the Result-Code AVP.

-Kev