Subject: [AAA-WG]: Issue: FA sends STR (draft-mobileip-08)

From: Tony Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 13:45:04 -0800

Submitter name: Tony Johansson (Bob Kopacz)
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date first submitted: 23-Feb-02
Reference:
Document: Mobileip-08
Comment type: Editorial
Priority: 1
Section: 1.6
Rationale/Explanation of issue:

 mobileip-08, section 1.6 "Diameter Session Termination", says the FA's
STR goes to his AAAF:

" In order for the Diameter Server to release any resources allocated to
a specific mobile node, the mobility agents MUST send a
Session-Termination-Request (STR) to their respective Diameter servers"

This is incorrect, since the STR should alway be issue to the Diameter
server that authorized the service.

Requested change:

Change the text in section 1.6 from:

"1.6  Diameter Session Termination

.......

In order for the Diameter Server to release any resources allocated to a
specific mobile node, the mobility agents MUST send a
Session-Termination-Request (STR) to their respective Diameter servers

......."

To:

"1.6  Diameter Session Termination

.......

In order for the Diameter Server to release any resources allocated to a
specific mobile node, the mobility agents MUST send a
Session-Termination-Request (STR) to the Diameter server that authorized
the service.

......."