Subject: [AAA-WG]: Diameter Port Reservation?

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 14:22:06 +0200

Hi all,

In section 2.1 Transport:

  The base Diameter protocol is run on port TBD of both TCP [27] and
  SCTP [26] transport protocols (for interoperability test purposes
  port 1812 will be used until IANA assigns a port to the protocol).
  When used with TLS [38], the Diameter protocol is run on port TBD of
  both TCP and SCTP.

Has anyone yet reserved the ports for TCP & SCTP for Diameter? Or
shall I, the trusty editior do this?

Additionally, it would be worthwhile to reserve an SCTP
Protocol Payload ID as well for Diameter.

John

---

From: Tuexen Michael <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 14:40:45 +0100

Hi,

it would be good to have a payload protocol
identifier for Dianmeter/TLS as well.

Best regards
Michael

Michael Tuexen    Tel.:   +49 89 722 47210
Siemens AG        Fax:    +49 89 722 48212
ICN WN CS SE 5    E-mail: [email-masked]

> -----Original Message-----
> From:	[email-masked] [SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Sent:	Monday, February 11, 2002 1:22 PM
> To:	[email-masked]
> Subject:	[AAA-WG]: Diameter Port Reservation?
> 
> Hi all,
>

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 16:21:23 +0200

HI Michael,

> identifier for Dianmeter/TLS as well.

Good point.

John

---

From: "Pat R. Calhoun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 07:17:32 -0800

IANA considerations section informs IANA to update TBD with the port
assigned. A request was sent to IANA at least a year ago, and they
stated that they would assign the port when the protocol was on the
RFC editor's desk.

PatC

- -----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2002 4:22 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [AAA-WG]: Diameter Port Reservation?

Hi all,

  The base Diameter protocol is run on port TBD of both TCP [27] and
  SCTP [26] transport protocols (for interoperability test purposes
  port 1812 will be used until IANA assigns a port to the protocol).
  When used with TLS [38], the Diameter protocol is run on port TBD
of
  both TCP and SCTP.

Additionally, it would be worthwhile to reserve an SCTP Protocol
Payload ID as well for Diameter.

John

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 09:37:29 +0200

Hi Pat,

> stated that they would assign the port when the protocol was on the 

That sounds like a plan to me.

Thanks,
John