Subject: RE: [AAA-WG]: [issue] AAA URI is Overloaded

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 13:17:40 +0200

Hi David,

Would the changes suggest inline be sufficiengt:

> Requested change:
> 
>    Define the format of the URI somewhere other than section 4.4.  In 
>    the definition of the DiameterIdentity type in section 4.4, specify 
>    that only the prefix, fqdn, and port number portions of the URI are 
>    included in AVP value fields of this type.  The sentences cited above 
>    may now be left in section 4.4 because they no longer cause a 
>    problem.

  DiameterIdentity  = "aaa://" fqdn [ port ] 

    fqdn               = Fully Qualified Host Name

    port               = ":" 1*DIGIT
	; One of the ports used to listen for
	; incoming connections. 
      ; If absent,
	; the default Diameter port (TBD) is
	; assumed.
	; A single port number MUST be used 
	; in all AVPs of type DiameterIdentity.  

>    If the URI prefix may either be aaa: or aaas: depending on transport 
>    security, then text should be added to section 6 stating that when 
>    matching URIs for routing purposes, the "s" in aaas: should be 
>    dropped before the compare is made.

My feeling is that for DiameterIdentity, we do not need to discriminate aaa 
vs. aaas.

John

---

From: David Spence <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 10:39:44 -0500

Yes, this would work for a definition of the DiameterIdentity type.