Subject: RE: [AAA-WG]: Issue 243

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 15:04:08 +0200

Hi all,

Going through the open issues, it seems that this issue has been
marked as a possible reject.  I concur, unless there is support
in the WG, I move that this issue is rejected.

John

Issue 243: Session State Machine for Diameter agents 
Submitter name: Yoshihiro Ohba 
Submitter email address: [email-masked] 
Date first submitted: November 13, 2001 
Document: base 
Comment type: E 
Priority: 1 
Section: 8.1, 8.2 
Rationale/Explanation of issue: 

Authorization Session State Machine and Accounting Session State 
Machine seem to define FSM for Diameter clients and servers but not 
for Diameter agents (i.e., relay, proxy, redirect and translation 
agents). 

For example, in section 8.1, when a Service-specific authorization 
request is received from a peer in Idle state, there is no action to 
*forward* the received request to the next-hop peer of the session and 
move to Pending state, which would be a normal action for relay 
agents. Similarly, when a Service-specific authorization answer is 
received from the next-hop peer of the session in Pending state, there 
is no action to *return* the received answer to the previous-hop peer 
of the session and move to Open state (in the case of stateful relay 
agents) or Idle state (in the case of stateless relay agents), which 
would also be a normal action for relay agents. 

Requested change: 

Additional state transitions need to be included in section 8.1 and 
8.2 to support relay, proxy, redirect and translation agents.