Subject: RE: [AAA-WG]: Accouting AVP issue...

From: "Pat R. Calhoun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:17:17 -0800

A few revisions ago, the base included the accounting AVPs. An issue
was created by Glen Zorn, and with WG concensus the AVPs were moved
to the application specs.

If we want to now go back in time, we should go back and understand
the original reasoning for moving the AVPs to the application specs.

PatC

- -----Original Message-----
From: Tony Johansson [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 11:27 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [AAA-WG]: Accouting AVP issue...

All,

In my efforts to update the Diameter MIPv4 application I have stumble
on the Accounting AVPs defined and realized that exactly the same
AVPs are defined also in the NASREQ application, see below.

Unless I have misunderstood something, I would suggest that we move
these AVPs to the Base, since they are used by both NASREQ and MIP.

Regards,

/Tony

In MIP:

"7.1  Accounting-Input-Extended-Octets AVP

   The Accounting-Input-Extended-Octets AVP (AVP Code 363) is of type
   Unsigned64, and contains the number of octets in IP packets
received
   from the user.

7.2  Accounting-Output-Extended-Octets AVP

   The Accounting-Output-Extended-Octets AVP (AVP Code 364) is of
type
   Unsigned64, and contains the number of octets in IP packets sent
to
   the user.

7.3  Accounting-Session-Time AVP

   The Accounting-Session-Time AVP (AVP Code 46) is of type
Unsigned32,
   and indicates the length of the current session in seconds.

7.4  Accounting-Input-Extended-Packets AVP

   The Accounting-Input-Extended-Packets (AVP Code 365) is of type
   Unsigned64, and contains the number of IP packets received from
the
   user.

7.5  Accounting-Output-Extended-Packets AVP

   The Accounting-Output-Extended-Packets (AVP Code 366) is of type
   Unsigned64, and contains the number of IP packets sent to the
user."

In NASREQ:

8.1  Accounting-Input-Extended-Octets AVP

   The Accounting-Input-Extended-Octets AVP (AVP Code 363) is of type
   Unsigned64, and contains the number of octets in IP packets
received
   by the user.

8.2  Accounting-Output-Extended-Octets AVP

   The Accounting-Output-Extended-Octets AVP (AVP Code 364) is of
type
   Unsigned64, and contains the number of octets in IP packets sent
to
   the user.

8.3  Accounting-Session-Time AVP

   The Accounting-Session-Time AVP (AVP Code 46) is of type
Unsigned32,
   and indicates the length of the current session in seconds.

8.4  Accounting-Input-Extended-Packets AVP

   The Accounting-Input-Extended-Packets (AVP Code 365) is of type
   Unsigned64, and contains the number of IP packets received by the
   user.

8.5  Accounting-Output-Extended-Packets AVP

   The Accounting-Output-Extended-Packets (AVP Code 366) is of type
   Unsigned64, and contains the number of IP packets sent to the
user.