Subject: [AAA-WG]: ISSUE: redirect based on user names

From: "Berry, Nigel Howard (Nigel)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 17:20:41 -0000

Hi Kevin,

This extra optionality could be very useful.  There may a bit more
complexity required in the redirect agent but not withstanding this I would
like to support the addition of this extra functionality, 

Regards,
		Nigel

** included from original e-mail ***
Submitter name: Kevin Purser
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date first submitted: February 14th, 2002
Reference: none
Document: base-08alpha02
Comment type: Technical
Priority: 1
Sections: 2.9.3, 6.12
Rationale/Explanation of issue:

Diameter redirect agents currently provide realm to server address
resolution.  Within a single administrative domain, it could be useful to
allow redirect agents to have the option of providing user to server address
resolution.

Requested change:

* change the first paragraph of section 2.9.3 to read:

Redirect agents provide Realm to Server address resolution and MAY also
provide User to Server address resolution.  These redirect agents would make
use of the Diameter routing table or optionally, a user table to determine
where a given request should be forwarded. When a request is received by a
redirect agent, a special answer is created, which includes the identity of
the Diameter server(s) the originator of the request should contact
directly.

* add the following enumerated value in section 6.12:

      ALL_USER                   6
         All messages for the user requested MAY be sent to the
         host specified in the Redirect-Host AVP.

---

From: "Jari Arkko" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2002 10:11:13 +0200

As I understand this, this would make the client store a record for that
particular user name until max-cache-time, even beyond the user's
session. Kevin, can you explain why ALL_SESSION is not sufficient
for this, as it would have a more bounded cache memory requirements?

Jari