Subject: [AAA-WG]: Getting to done...

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 16:16:31 -0800 (PST)

Judging by the status of the issues list, I believe that we are within
sight of completing work on the Diameter Base, Transport and MIP
documents. The current gameplan is to have only one more WG last call on
these documents, to complete 4/15/02. 

This means that time is running out on reviewing these documents. If you
haven't read the latest drafts in depth and sent *all* your comments in,
you need to do this NOW. One of the goals of IETF 53 is to resolve all
open issues on these documents, so that at the end of completion of WG
last call (approximately 4/15/02), we will be ready to forward documents
to the IESG. 

In the spirit of various states that are assigning the same book to
everyone to read, I would like to suggest that members of the AAA WG add
the Diameter Base, Transport and MIP drafts to their reading lists, and
complete a read through prior to AAA WG meeting at IETF 53, posting your
issues to the mailing list. I will keep the issues list updated as the
issues come in, and we will cover all the open issues at IETF 53. 

Since this is effectively your last opportunity to comment on Base,
Transport and MIP documents, please spend that extra bit of effort in your
read through. It should be expected that many of the comments will be
editorial -- don't be hesitant about pointing out spelling mistakes,
etc. Also, as usual we are open to technical comments as well, though
given the advanced status of the specification, the bar is very high for
major changes at this point. 

Given that the Diameter Base, Transport and MIP specs are eagerly awaited
by our partners in 3GPP and 3GPP2, time is running out to complete the
specifications in a timely way. Let's make this next pass through the
Base, Transport and MIP documents our last.

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2002 17:34:58 +0200

Hi Bernard,

Speaking with a my editor's hat on, I'd like to say, however, that
we should focus on show stoppers, things which could cause
interoperability problems.  Minor editorial concerns can be addressed,
but new features, etc. should not (in my opinion) be considered.

thanks,
John

> -----Original Message-----
> From: ext Bernard Aboba [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: 15 March, 2002 02:17
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [AAA-WG]: Getting to done...
> 
> 
> documents. The current gameplan is to have only one more WG 
> last call on these documents, to complete 4/15/02. 
>