Subject: [AAA-WG]: [issue] NASREQ-specific values for Termination-Cause AVP

From: David Spence <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 17:34:50 -0500

Subject: [issue] NASREQ-specific values for Termination-Cause AVP

Submitter name: David Spence
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date first submitted: March 4, 2002
Reference: 
Document: NASREQ
Comment type: T
Priority: S
Section:
Rationale/Explanation of issue:

   The RADIUS Acct-Terminate-Cause attribute (#49) is superseded in 
   Diameter by the Termination-Cause AVP (#295).  However, there are 
   many values defined for Acct-Terminate-Cause that have no counterpart
   in Termination-Cause.  Many of these values are nasreq-specific.

Requested change:

   Define addional values in nasreq for the base draft's 
   Termination-Cause AVP to cover the semantics of the RADIUS 
   Acct-Terminate-Cause attribute.  Ensure that all values 
   for Acct-Terminate-Cause listed in IANA's radius-types.txt are
   covered.  Specify the mapping between the Acct-Terminate-Cause
   values and the Termination-Cause values so that a RADIUS/Diameter
   gateway can translate between them.