Subject: [AAA-WG]: [issue] ha-fa key

From: Sivasundar Ramamurthy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 17:35:22 -0800 (PST)

Submitter Name:                 Siva Ramamurthy
Submitter email address:        [email-masked]
Date first submitter:           3/27/2002
Document:                       Mobile IP
Comment Type:                   T
Priority:                       1
Section:                        4.5

Explanation of Issue:

Section 4.5 has text that says:

"If the FA's local policy allows it to receive AAA session Keys, and
it does not have any existing keys with the HA, it MAY set the
FA-HA-Key-Request flag".

the co-existance of the phrases "any existing keys" and "AAA session
keys" is confusing! Is the FA-HA key to be used only for the session
from which it was obtained, or can it be used with any other sessions
that require communciation between this FA and HA? In other words, is
the FA-HA key session specific or not?

Requested Change:
Please clarify, since different implementations at the FA and HA can
lead to needless FOR_HOME authentication failures.

thanks.

---

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 05:30:09 -0800 (PST)

Assigned Issue #317.