Subject: [AAA-WG]: Interop Results / Request

From: David Frascone <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 11:19:26 -0600

Since we ran out of time in the meeting, I thought I'd give a brief synopsis
of the testing that occured at Connectathon: No one showed up.

Well, to be fair, there were several Mobile-Ip vendors present that had AAA
servers, but none of them supported the applications / extensions that we
wanted to test.

On a good note, I was able to get a successful interoperation of Nasreq, over
the 'net.  

So, here is a synopsis of what has been interoperated:

   o	Base Protocol
   o	TLS (only once)
   o	Mobile-IPv4
   o	Accounting
   o	Nasreq (only once, and AAR/AAA only, no DER/DEA)

And, here is what really needs to be hammered on:

   o	TLS - Since it has only interoperated once, it needs more testing.
   o	Nasreq - Needs more testing, and DER/DEA needs to be tried.
   o	CMS Security
   o	Diameter over IPSec

All of the Nasreq interoperation has been done across the net.  Since all of 
the tests that need to be done are basically point to point exchanges, internet
tests should be more than sufficient.  (Mobile-IP is very difficult to test
when you're not in the same room, but the other tests are not as complex
to set up)

So, my request:  If you have implemented, or are implementing any of the 
untested extensions *please* send an e-mail to this list (or to me) so we
can test.

-Dave

-- 
David Frascone

               Press Ctrl-Alt-Del to continue...