Subject: RE: [AAA-WG]: Suggestion about hierarchical realms a poor one

From: "Pat R. Calhoun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 16:19:25 -0700

> Assume that there is a user called [email-masked] whose AMR
> is  handled by the server aaah.abc.com. This is a centralized home
> server  that serves the entire realm abc.com and therefore it has a
> route for  abc.com that on longest match from right has a
> LOCAL_ACTION entry.  Unfortunately this will never be selected
> since it must have a route to  eng.abc.com in order to send the HAR
> to the home agent, which means that  the AMR will arrive at a very
> surprised home agent.

So if this was the case, why would abc.com ever export eng.abc.com
outside its own
Administrative domain? It would always advertise abc.com to point to
aaah.abc.com, which in turn would forward packets to the appropriate
server internally.

PatC

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 13:31:31 +0300

Hi Johan,

> >For routing of Diameter messages to work within an 
> administrative domain, all Diameter nodes within the realm 
> MUST be peers.
> >
> Keep that sentence and delete the below.

Done.

John