Subject: RE: [AAA-WG]: What is Result Cause Value ? In Multi-Failed AVP Case.

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 07:36:46 +0300

Hi Jari,

> Me too. Should make clear though that the Diameter nodes are 
> to report the
> first error they encounter, irrespective of potential other 
> errors in the message.

I don't think that this is important, actually.  Depending upon
how messages are processed (which is implementation dependent) then
different implementations may see different first errors.

John

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 08:32:24 +0300

> different implementations may see different first errors.

Yes, I agree. But what I really meant was that the diameter
nodes should report the first error THEY encounter (could
be different by different implementations). I'm not sure we
explicitly state this anywhere at the moment. Hmm... checking...
how about changing the last paragraph of 7 from

    The Result-Code AVP contains additional errors conditions, and
    defines the expected behavior of each.

to

    The Result-Code AVP describes the error that the Diameter node
    encountered in its processing. In case there are multiple errors,
    the Diameter node MUST report only the first error it encountered
    (detected possibly in some implementation dependent order). The
    specific errors that can be described by this AVP are described in
    the following section.

Jari