Subject: [AAA-WG]: Diameter Mobile IP question...

From: julien Bournelle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 15:56:28 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi all,

 I'm reading Mobile IP Application for Diameter and I am a little bit
confused about the forwarding of AMR message.

In Mobile IP App. document it is written : 

"upon receiving the AMR, the AAAF follows the procedure outlined in
[DIAMBASE] to determine wether the AMR should be processed locally, or if
it should be forwarded to another Diameter Server"

In DIAMBASE there are two parts which give some informations about the
procedures to follow when we receive a message:

In part concerning Realm-Based Routing Table there are four possible
actions :
 - LOCAL
 - RELAY
 - PROXY
 - REDIRECT

So I guess that for an AMR message processed in AAAF it is RELAY or PROXY
but I don't know which one.

In part concerning Diameter Message Processing (p 67) it is written that
the message must be processed in the following order:
 
	1/ If message destined for the local host, procedures listed in
6.1.4 are followed
 
	2/ If the message is intended for a Diameter peer with whom the local
host is able to directly communicate, the procedures listed in 6.1.5 are
followed. This is Request Forwarding

	3/ else 6.1.6 -> Request Routing

So If my AAAF (realm mno.net) receives a message AMR with Dest-Realm
xyz.com I am in case 3/ which points to 6.1.6 section.
But If my local action for this realm is RELAY or PROXY, I must see
section 6.1.8 (cf p 21).

So I am a little bit confused. How do I choose if my AAAF is a RELAY or a
PROXY ?
Do I follow section 6.1.6 or 6.1.8 ?

Maybe I haven't read enough the draft..

Regards,

[email-masked]

---

From: Dilip <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 12:06:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All

I was reading the base protocol Section 6.2.2

Its states
"The agent MUST then send the answer to the host that
it received the original request from."

Question:
What if the Host where this answer has to be sent is
DOWN(i.e connection has lost)

Regards
Dilip Patel
[email-masked]

=====
Live For Today & not for Tomorrow...
As Tomorrow NEVER COMES..
Do Visit My Site at http://www.angelfire.com/in/dilris

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Games - play chess, backgammon, pool and more
http://games.yahoo.com/