Subject: Re: [AAA-WG]: [issue] Only DWR/DWA to be used to supervise transportconnection

From: Liu Qiong Bo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 15:09:47 +0800

Hi.

in Diameter base protocol-10, section5.6, the 2nd paragraph:
"This state machine is closely coupled with the state machine
    described in [AAATRANS], which is used to open, close, failover,
    probe, and reopen transport connections. Note in particular that
    [AAATRANS] requires the use of watchdog messages to probe
    connections. For Diameter, DWR and DWA messages are to be used."

in transport-07, appendix a, there is a failover state machine.

I am confused by the state of DOWN in this failover state machine and the 
state of closed in the peer state machine.

In the state of DOWN, does it mean that this transport connection is 
closed, and the related socket is closed. hence when tw time expires, the 
diameter node try to open another socket and try to connect to the peer?

If it is, then what is the difference between DOWN and closed?

Hence what is the complete peer state machine like?

Regards.

Coral Liu