Subject: [AAA-WG]: WG last call countdown...

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 12:28:18 -0800 (PST)

I've submitted Transport-06 to the IETF archive. If you'd like to look at
it before it shows up there, see:

http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/AAA/draft-ietf-transport-06.txt

I am also expecting new versions of the Base and MIP documents to hit the
archive sometime next week. 

Since WG last call on Base, MIP and Transport will commence as soon as new
versions of these drafts show up on the IETF archive, now is the best (and
probably the last) time to read these documents and comment on them. 

So if you haven't read the Diameter specs lately, please consider setting
some time aside next week to go over the Base, MIP and Transport
documents, so that we can make sure that this WG last call is the last
one. 

This is important because, among other things, the 3GPP folks have
dependencies on these documents for the "Bundle 2" set of functionality
due in May 2002. We are working very hard to meet these deadlines, and to
do this, we have to make sure that the documents we put out are "IESG
ready". 

As Randy Bush, our illustrious O&M Area Director has instructed:

"Please read the documents with the viewpoint of someone who is very
sceptical."

---

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 12:29:15 -0800 (PST)

Oops. It's draft-ietf-aaa-transport-06.txt.