Subject: [AAA-WG]: AAA WG roadmap

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 08:33:18 -0700 (PDT)

The Diameter Base-10, MIP-10 and Transport-07 documents have completed
AAA WG last call. The Base -11 document has incorporated last call
comments and will appear on the IETF archive within a few days. No changes
to the Transport-07 document resulted from WG last call.

Last call comments and resolutions are available for inspection at:

http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/AAA/issues.html

The current plan is to forward the Base-11 and Transport-07 documents
to the IESG for IETF last call and consideration as IETF Proposed
Standards within the next week.

The MIP document is held up pending resolution of normative references to
the CMS document. Luis Sanchez has agreed to do a review of this, in order
to make a recommendation on how we should proceed. However, that review has
not yet been completed.

As requested by 3GPP2, David Spence and David Mitton are working on
splitting off the EAP-related sections of the NASREQ document, in order to
allow the non-EAP portion of NASREQ to be brought to AAA WG last call. As
soon as the non-EAP portion of NASREQ hits the IETF archive (prior to the
June 24 deadline), we will start AAA WG last call on that document.

Given that the Base, MIP, Transport and non-EAP NASREQ documents will all
be in various stages of AAA WG and IETF last call, there does not appear
to be a need for the AAA WG to meet at IETF 54 in Yokahama. Instead, in
the coming weeks we will focus on resolving the MIP/CMS issue,
and incorporating changes arising from IESG and IETF last call comments on
Base and Transport and AAA WG last call comments on non-EAP NASREQ.