Subject: RE: [AAA-WG]: NASREQ

From: "Pat R. Calhoun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 07:52:00 -0700

Hmmm... This seems like a bug. The RADIUS attributes must be translated
to something, but
Only the gateway's identity must be in the Origin-Host AVP.

PatC

-----Original Message-----
From: Glen Zorn [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, June 22, 2002 9:39 PM
To: AAA WG
Cc: Glen Zorn; David Spence
Subject: [AAA-WG]: NASREQ 

Section 9.1 of draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-nasreq-09.txt says (in part):
   This section describes the actions that should be followed when a
   protocol Gateway receives a RADIUS message that is to be translated
   to a Diameter message.
   When a protocol gateway receives a RADIUS message, the following
   steps should be taken:
...
      - If the NAS-IP-Address attribute is present in the RADIUS
        message, the name MUST be translated to its corresponding FQDN,
        and encoded in the Diameter message's Origin-Host AVP. If the
        NAS-Identifier attribute is present, the data can be used in the
        Origin-Host AVP.
      - The Origin-Host AVP is added with the local server's identity.
        This will ensure that the corresponding response will be
        returned to the correct gateway server. The aaa protocol
        specified in the identity would be set to "radius".

This seems to suggest that there will be _two_ Origin-Host AVPs in the
resulting AAR, but as I read it, only one Origin-Host AVP is allowed.
Also, since we have NAS-IP-Address and NAS-Identifier AVPs, why not use
them?