Subject: [AAA-WG]: NASREQ

From: "Glen Zorn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 21:38:56 -0700

Section 9.1 of draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-nasreq-09.txt says (in part):
   This section describes the actions that should be followed when a
   protocol Gateway receives a RADIUS message that is to be translated
   to a Diameter message.
   When a protocol gateway receives a RADIUS message, the following
   steps should be taken:
...
      - If the NAS-IP-Address attribute is present in the RADIUS
        message, the name MUST be translated to its corresponding FQDN,
        and encoded in the Diameter message's Origin-Host AVP. If the
        NAS-Identifier attribute is present, the data can be used in the
        Origin-Host AVP.
      - The Origin-Host AVP is added with the local server's identity.
        This will ensure that the corresponding response will be
        returned to the correct gateway server. The aaa protocol
        specified in the identity would be set to "radius".

This seems to suggest that there will be _two_ Origin-Host AVPs in the
resulting AAR, but as I read it, only one Origin-Host AVP is allowed.  Also,
since we have NAS-IP-Address and NAS-Identifier AVPs, why not use them?