Subject: [AAA-WG]: Need more specifics on list of AVPs

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 17:50:11 -0400

Need more specifics on list of AVPs
Submitter name: Yoshihiro Ohba
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date first submitted: August 23, 2002
Document: base
Comment type: T
Priority: S
Section: 4
Rationale/Explanation of issue:

In section 4 it is descibred that:

   Some AVPs MAY be listed more than once. The effect of such an AVP is
   specific, and is specified in each case by the AVP description.

But the specification is not clear on whether each AVP in the list of
AVPs of the same type can be dispersely located in the message payload
(e.g, a Host-IP-Address AVP, then an Origin-Realm AVP,
 and then a Host-IP-Address AVP again) or must be located back to back
 (e.g, two Host-IP-Address AVPs, and then an Origin-Realm AVP).

From the debugging point of view, the latter would be prefered since
it makes easier to find out where AVPs of a specific type are in the
payload.

Requested change:

Each AVP in a list of AVPs of the same type must be located back to
back in the message payload.