Subject: [AAA-WG]: Some typografick flaws in diameter-mobileip-11 section 2.1

From: Boris Prochazka <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 16:27:34 +0200

In draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-mobileip-11.txt section 2.1 I am lacking some 
information:

    uses information found in the Registration Request to construct the
    following AVPs that are to be included as part of the AMR:

           home address (MIP-Mobile-Node-Address AVP)
           home agent address (MIP-Home-Agent-Address AVP)
           mobile node NAI (User-Name AVP [DIAMBASE])
           MN-HA Key Request (MIP-Feature-Vector AVP)
           MN-FA Key Request (MIP-Feature-Vector AVP)
           MN-AAA Authentication Extension (MIP-MN-AAA-Auth AVP)
           foreign agent Challenge Extension (MIP-FA-Challenge AVP)
           home agent NAI (MIP-Home-Agent-Host,
			  MIP-Home-Agent-Realm AVP)	       <<<
           home AAA server NAI (Destination-Host AVP,
                                Destination-Realm [DIAMBASE])   <<<

The MIP-Home-Agent-Realm is missing in the message. Without the
realm part I dont see a way for the AAAH to be able to reach the HA.
(I think it would be a mistake to send the HA-NAI in a AVP called -Host).
You could of course remove the -Host part and treat it as a grouped
AVP like in MIP-Origination-Foreign-AAA

I guess that the Destination-Realm can be set from the AAA-NAI like the
Destination-Host (AAA-NAI ::= host@realm).

If that all is true then both MIP-Home-Agent-Host and
MIP-Home-Agent-Realm is missing in the Message Format for 
AA-Mobile-Node-Request and there is also lacking a AVP description of
the MIP-Home-Agent-Realm

Boris.

---

From: Tony Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 14:03:22 -0700

Hi Boris,

Thanks for your comments, but I am a bit confused though.

The MIP-Home-Agent-Host AVP IS of type grouped, thus

      MIP-Home-Agent-Host ::= < AVP Header: 348 >
                               { Destination-Realm }
                               { Destination-Host }
                             * [ AVP ]

So, is it just the name " MIP-Home-Agent-Host"  you find confusing or  is it
something more that I am blindly missing.

Regards,

/Tony

Ps. Please review the -12alpha1 instead,
http://www.erilab.com/users/temp/draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-mobileip-12alpha1.txt

---

From: Boris Prochazka <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 11:27:06 +0200

True Tony, I somehow overlooked it. Still having the tailing -Host on
the is MIP-Home-Agent-Host AVP is confusing. I believe the readability
would improve without it, therefore I vote for removing the tailing
-Host on MIP-Home-Agent-Host AVP.

Am I right about the Destination-Realm in AMR. I think that if you set
the Destination-Host from the Regigstration Request you should also set
the Destination-Realm otherwise you have problem to reach the AAAH. Both 
the realm and host of the AAAH are part of the AAANAI extension 
according to draft-ietf-mobileip-aaa-nai-02.

Boris