Subject: [AAA-WG]: Conclusion of AAA WG last call on draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-12.txt

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 05:43:26 -0700 (PDT)

AAA WG last call has concluded on draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-12.txt. We
therefore request that the IESG review this document for consideration as
a Proposed Standard.

---

From: "Glen Zorn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 21:13:25 -0700

Bernard Aboba [mailto://[email-masked]] writes:

> AAA WG last call has concluded on draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-12.txt.

It is certainly a landmark that the WG rubberstamp phase is complete, and
with only one comment (apparently ignored, perhaps because it didn't come
from the IESG).  The dirth of comment is especially good, since if there
were to be an appeal of this fiasco (doubtful to say the least, given the
historic suucess rate of such actions and the consequences to those who have
the temerity to initiate them) the AD can point to this fact as
justification, conveniently ignoring both the previous passage of WG Last
Call by -11 and the storm of protest over -12.

> We therefore request that the IESG review this document for
> consideration as
> a Proposed Standard.

Leaving aside the fact that the very existance of -12 is a clear violation
of WG consensus, perhaps the AD's hand-wrought protocol will now actually be
presented to the full IESG; we can only await with baited breath the wise
and wonderful objections to come.