Subject: [AAA-WG]: Some editorial nits in base-15

From: "Mikael Jakobsson (EAB)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 08:14:29 +0100

Hi,

found some editorial nits while reading through draft 15 of diameter base.

2.8.3 Redirect Agents

First paragraph states

"Since Redirect agents do not perform any application level
   processing, the provide services for all Diameter applications, and
   therefore MUST advertise the Relay Application Identifier."

which is the same as last paragraph (except for spelling error in the first one)

"Since Redirect agents do not perform any application level
   processing, they provide relaying services for all Diameter
   applications, and therefore MUST advertise the Relay Application
   Identifier."

Suggestion is to remove the first one.

8.6 Inferring Session Termination from Origin-State-Id

Correct CER/CAA to CER/CEA in the following paragraph (the second one). 

"By including Origin-State-Id in CER/CAA messages, an access device
   allows a next-hop server to determine immediately upon connection
   whether the device has lost its sessions since the last connection."

11.3 Application Identifiers

Second paragraph states 0xff00000000 - 0xfffffffe for vendor specific applications.
There are too many zeros in 0xff00000000 so correct to 0xff000000 - 0xff000000.

"IANA [IANA] will assign the range 0x00000001 to 0x00ffffff for
   standards-track applications; and 0xff00000000 - 0xfffffffe for
   vendor specific applications, on a first-come, first-served basis.
   Assignment of standards-track application IDs are by Designated
   Expert with Specification Required [IANA]." 

11.4.1 Result-Code AVP Values

Correct value ranges for result codes from 

"As defined in Section 7.1, the Result-Code AVP (AVP Code 268) defines
   the values 1001, 2001-2002, 3001-3010, 4001-4002 and 5001-5017."

to 

"As defined in Section 7.1, the Result-Code AVP (AVP Code 268) defines
   the values 1001, 2001-2002, 3001-3010, 4001-4003 and 5001-5016."

Best Regards

Mikael Jakobsson

-----------------------------------------
Mikael Jakobsson
Ericsson AB
Core Unit Service Network & Applications
Tel: +46 455 39 52 81
Fax: +46 455 815 10
Mobile: +46 703 10 52 81
mailto:[email-masked]
http://www.ericsson.com