Subject: [AAA-WG]: Issue 376: Base-15 Nits

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 20:52:56 -0700 (PDT)

Issue 376: Base-15 Nits
Submitter name: David Mitton
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date first submitted: October 23, 2002
Reference:
Document: Base-15
Comment type: E
Priority: 1
Section: Several
Rationale/Explanation of issue:

- "Acct-Interim-Interval" has lower case "interim" in two places

- "Accounting-RADIUS-Session-Id" (44) is a really silly name change.
I have a line in NASREQ now that says basically insert the value of
attribute 44, into AVP 44 with a different name. Eg, no value change.

The RADIUS attribute 44 as defined in RFC 2866 is "Acct-Session-Id"
and we have not changed the semantics (just added behaviors to some other
AVPs elsewhere)

Can we just revert to the old name? it does not conflict.

In general, I would think that all RFC 2866 accounting attributes keep
their Acct-* names, and any new Diameter Accounting AVPs are named
Accounting-*

This has been true except for this case and Acct-Application-Id (259)
{I guess because it pairs well with Auth-Application-Id (258)}
which really doesn't offer a dictionary conflict.

Dave.