Subject: [AAA-WG]: Editorial Comments on draft-13

From: Pete McCann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 16:32:05 -0500

Issue:                   Editorial Comments on draft-13
Submitter name:          Pete McCann
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date first submitted:    October 7, 2002
Reference:
Document:                Base
Comment type:            E
Priority:                S
Section:                 6, 11

I spotted a few editorial issues in draft-13:

Section 6.1, page 69: it looks like steps 2 and 3 of the message
processing rules have been munged together.  Maybe some nroff needs
fixing.

Section 11, 1st paragraph: "IETF Consensus" needs a leading quotation
mark.

Section 11.3, 2nd paragraph, the wording is a little confusing.  I
suggest changing from this:

   IANA [IANA] will assign the range 0x00000001 to 0x00ffffff for
   standards-track applications; and 0xff00000000 - 0xfffffffe for
   vendor specific applications, on a first-come, first-served basis.
   Assignment of standards-track application IDs are by Expert Review
   with Specification Required [IANA].

To this:

   IANA [IANA] will assign the range 0x00000001 to 0x00ffffff for
   standards-track applications; and 0xff00000000 - 0xfffffffe for
   vendor specific applications.  Assignment of standards-track
   application IDs is by Expert Review with Specification Required
   [IANA].  Assignment of vendor specific application IDs is on a
   First Come First Served [IANA] basis.

-Pete