Subject: [AAA-WG]: NASREQ question (fwd)

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 22:33:10 -0800 (PST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 08:50:08 +0100
From: Valery Kholodkov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: NASREQ question

	Hello!
I examined NASREQ 10 and found some disadventages, which had not been
eliminated since the first RADIUS accounting RFC. While the speed of access
servers increasing there should arise a problem of traffic limitation. To
increase finacial mobility traffic limits should be specified by AAA server
in authorization messsages explicitly.
As an example 6 AVPs to AA-Answer message:

Input-Octets-Limit
This attribute specifies maximum number of octets to be received from user
before termination of session or prompt. If this attribute is not specified
and Input-Gigawords-Limit attribute is not specified the maximum number of
octets to be received from user is unlimited.

Output-Octets-Limit
This attribute specifies maximum number of octets to be sent to user before
termination of session or prompt. If this attribute is not specified and
Output-Gigawords-Limit attribute is not specified the maximum number of
octets to be sent to user is unlimited.

Input-Gigawords-Limit
This attribute specifies maximum number of gigawords to be received from user
before termination of session or prompt. If this attribute is not specified
the maximum number of octets to be received from user is defined by
Input-Octets-Limit attribute.

Output-Gigawords-Limit
This attribute specifies maximum number of gigawords to be sent to user
before termination of session or prompt. If this attribute is not specified
the maximum number of octets to be sent to user is defined by
Output-Octets-Limit attribute.

Input-Packets-Limit
This attribute specifies maximum number of packets to be received from user
before termination of session or prompt.

Output-Packets-Limit
This attribute specifies maximum number of packets to be sent to user before
termination of session or prompt.

And another question: will be there a dedicated Diameter application for
authenticaton, authorization and accounting of E-mail services?
-- 
Valery Kholodkov | Golden Line Communications Company
52 Chkalova, st | Russian Federation, Penza 440052

---

From: David Mitton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 16:37:01 -0500

I'd like to see some interest and support for these AVPs from the WG before 
adding these.

         Dave.

>termination of session or prompt.

-----

>authenticaton, authorization and accounting of E-mail services?

No, Not in scope.