Subject: [AAA-WG]: Transport-09 strawman

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Dec 2002 16:20:10 -0800 (PST)

A strawman version of Transport-09 addressing IESG comments is avaialble
at:

http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/AAA/draft-ietf-aaa-transport-09.txt

The comments addressed include a requested reference to RFC 1750. There
has also been a request for guidance on the number of SCTP streams to be
supported.

Any comments on how many streams might be appropriate? The draft describes
this as depending on the implementation.

One thought is that on a Diameter client, the number of streams might be
proportional to the number of ports on the NAS. If there is one stream per
NAS port going from the NAS to a proxy, then there is no possibility of
head-of-line blocking.

On a proxy, the number of streams going from the proxy to the AAA server
is harder to estimate. It probably should be determined by the peak number
of simultaneous AAA sessions between the proxy and each AAA server.

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 06:58:27 -0800

> has also been a request for guidance on the number of SCTP streams to be

uh, this document was approved by the iesg at the conf call of
2002.10.31, though updating its datatracker entry seems to have
fallen through the cnri cracks <sigh>.  how much do you need to
change it?

randy

---

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 06:52:05 -0800 (PST)

> fallen through the cnri cracks <sigh>.  how much do you need to

Only to respond to IESG comments.

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2002 08:10:12 -0800

> Only to respond to IESG comments.

cool.  but please be delicate.

randy

---

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 08:11:52 -0800 (PST)

> cool.  but please be delicate.

I'll try to be. There are only 2-3 changes to make (which can be seen by
doing a diff).