Subject: [AAA-WG]: Request for Review of RFC 2869bis

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 19:08:50 -0800 (PST)

RFC 2869 is in the process of being revised to provide clarifications and
in order to address interoperability issues encountered with RADIUS/EAP.

The latest version (which will appear on the IETF archive shortly) is
available at:

http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/EAP/draft-aboba-radius-rfc2869bis-05.txt

Comments welcome.

Since a good deal of the text in the Diameter EAP application is shared
with RFC 2869bis, getting RFC 2869bis squared away will contribute to
completing Diameter EAP in a timely way.

RFC 2869bis is a dependency of IEEE 802.1aa which is projected to be
issued as an IEEE standard in Spring 2003. In order to have it issued as
an RFC in time to avoid delaying IEEE 802.1aa, the plan is to bring it to
IETF last call in early 2003.

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 14:49:52 +0200

Hi Bernard,

I will read this over the next few days & send comments.  I'm
doing the same for NASREQ as well.

John

BTW - the margins are off on the 2869-bis.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: ext Bernard Aboba [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: 16 December, 2002 05:09
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [AAA-WG]: Request for Review of RFC 2869bis
> 
>