Subject: [AAA-WG]: Protocol Action: Diameter Base Protocol to Proposed Standard

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 21:53:18 -0800 (PST)

Protocol Action: Diameter Base Protocol to Proposed Standard

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: IETF-Announce: ;
Subject: Protocol Action: Diameter Base Protocol to Proposed Standard
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 20:55:47 -0500
Cc: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>, Internet Architecture Board
<[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Sender: [email-masked]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Diameter Base Protocol'
<draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-17.txt> as a Proposed Standard.  This document
is the product of the Authentication, Authorization and Accounting
Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Randy Bush and Bert Wijnen.

Technical Summary

  This document is the base for the proposed new IETF AAA protocol
  suite. The base protocol is intended to provide an AAA framework for
  applications such as network access and IP mobility. Diameter is
  also intended to work in both local AAA and in roaming situations.
  This draft specifies the message format, transport, error reporting,
  accounting and security services to be used by all Diameter
  applications. The Diameter base application MUST be supported by all
  Diameter implementations.

Working Group Summary

  There was no technical dissent to this document in the aaa working
  group or during IETF last call.

Protocol Quality

  This document was reviewed for the IESG by Randy Bush, and many
  others.