Subject: [AAA-WG]: NASREQ-11 comments

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 15:00:07 +0200

I have read through version 11. I have some questions as well as
editorial and technical comments, inserted directly to the draft
text. The URL for the comments is

   http://www.piuha.net/~jarkko/publications/aaa/nasreq_review.txt

Here are my overall comments: We are nearing a state where this
draft can be made an RFC. However, some work still remains. Some
of the main comments:

       - Some keyword issues in, e.g., advertising, sending acct
         messages, ...

       - Some clarifications, e.g., should service still be provided
         while re-auth is going on, Accounting-Realtime-Required
         effects, Auth-Request default values, optionality of some AVPs
         in AAA/AAR requests, EVENT_RECORD, ...

       - Normative/informative nature of the old RADIUS AVP semantics
         needs clarification.

       - Some question marks on the semantics of the AVPs, but I'm not
         sure we can do much if the old RADIUS specifications apply in
         any case.

       - I'd prefer sections 9.1 and 9.1.1 to be more in the usual
         keyword style than in the current "example of steps that may
         be followed format".

       - AVP table inconsistencies wrt base.

       - Some additions to the security considerations may be needed,
         e.g. RADIUS translation.

       - Editorial corrections

Jari