Subject: [AAA-WG]: DIAMETER ipv6 implementations?

From: Simon Oosthoek <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 13:53:01 +0100

Hi all

I'm new to this list, so I'll introduce myself a bit...

I'm working in a project called Beyond 3G, which is a dutch research project
of a number of institutes and universities (start at www.beyond3g.org)

We're focussing completely on IPv6, because we're of the opinion that the
systems in use at the time we're thinking about (beyond 3g technology) will
probably at least use IPv6 in some way, perhaps even exclusively.

One of the problems we're encountering in setting up a demo is the lack of
IPv6 support in DIAMETER or RADIUS implementations. I know the Moby Dick
project (ist-mobydick.org?) is looking into building and open sourcing a
DIAMETER server/proxy with IPv6 support, but I'm sure others must be looking
into this as well.

Of course, if we had time we could try and build an implementation
ourselves, but we don't have that luxury. So I'm looking for information
about already existing implementations that we might be able to use in a
demo setup. Of course, the current status of IETF drafts/RFCs in this area
interests me as well, although I noticed some relevant drafts have expired
right now (draft-perkins-aaav6-05.txt and draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-19.txt)

I'd be very grateful for any pointers to more detailed information on this
subject or even experimental implementations or other research projects in
this area.

Thanks for reading this far!

Cheers

Simon

---

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 10:24:57 -0500

Hello Simon,

Open Diameter in sourceforge
(http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/diameter) will support IPv6 from
release 1.0.3 which we schedule to release in April 2003, considering
the increasing demand for IPv6-supported Diameter implementation.
I've received a report that some user of Open Diameter has modified
the source code and successfully compiled with IPv6.

Cheers,
Yoshihiro Ohba