Subject: [AAA-WG]: Some questions on RFC2477: 'Evaluating Roaming Protocols'

From: Corrado Derenale <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 12:53:41 +0200

Dear Bernard,

	the RFC 2477 is a little old, it came from 1999 and so there is no 
reference to 802.1x, but only to phonebooks and PPP/SLIP protocols as 
access to the network infrastructure; today, with 802.11 and 802.1x the 
network arcitecture is changing, or better, is yet changed.

	In the identification/authentication requirements (paraghraph 2.3) 
there is a MUST only for the RADIUS support, what about DIAMETER?

	In the end, the question is: have you already update the RFC 2477 with 
a new draft, if is so sorry for bothering you. Otherwise are you 
thinking about update it?

Thank You very much,
	Corrado.

---

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 05:38:06 -0700 (PDT)

RFC 2989 collects all the requirements and summarizes them.  So at this
point it is the appropriate deocument to cite rather than RFC 2477.