Subject: [AAA-WG]: about "Diameter Path Authorization"

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 11:39:59 +0900

Hi~~

We are about to implement IPv6-based Diameter AAA system.

But....It's not clear about the "Diameter Path Authorization"

My Question is.........................
Will you permit any Diameter response authorizing a session to include
Route-Record AVP ?

Chapter 2.10 of Diameter Base Protocol <draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-17.txt>

A home realm may also wish to check that each accounting request
   message corresponds to a Diameter response authorizing the session.
   Accounting requests without corresponding authorization responses
   SHOULD be subjected to further scrutiny, as should accounting
   requests indicating a difference between the requested and provided
   service.

Similarly, the local Diameter agent, on receiving a Diameter response
   authorizing a session, MUST check the Route-Record AVPs to make sure
   that the route traversed by the response is acceptable. At each step,
   forwarding of an authorization response is considered evidence of a
   willingness to take on financial risk relative to the session.

According to any draft for Diameter, Diameter response authorizing a
session cannot include Route-Record AVP.
For example, AMA for MIPv4 application, RAA for re-auth.