Subject: [Re] [AAA-WG]: about "Diameter Mobile IPv6 Application"

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:10:06 +0900

Hi,

We must careful choice of the ICMPv6 or PANA  for implementation of Mobile
IPv6 with AAA.
but i don't know which is better.
Would you recommand which is proper ?
or any comment about that ? 

Bset regards,
B. G.  Lee

원본 내용:

보낸사람: [email-masked][[email-masked]]
받는사람: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
제목: RE: [AAA-WG]: about "Diameter Mobile IPv6 Application"
받은날짜: 2003/07/22 화 01:07

I believe you are looking for the AAAv6 draft authored by Charles Perkins
and
Ernie Tacsik. Look for I-D : draft-perkins-aaav6-06.txt
-Basavaraj

Hi everyone, 
I have a question to you.
At Diameter Mobile IPv6 Application <draft-le-aaa-diameter-mobileipv6-
03.txt>, 
I saw the following section. 
  
My question is 
"Where I can find the document for the extension to ICMPv6  to convey
information between the mobile node and the AAA  Client."
If you know, please, let me know where it is.

6.  Information exchange between the mobile node and the AAA Client
   Although this document is not intended to specify any particular 
   mechanism to convey information between the mobile node and the AAA 
   Client, the information that needs to be exchanged is described. The 
   set of information identified in the follow can actually be conveyed 
   between the mobile node and the network in a different suitable 
   manner outside the scope of this document (e.g. ICMP, the protocol 
   defined by the PANA WG, etc.). ...

Best regards, 
Lee

---

From: Alper Yegin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 08:50:53 -0700

Hello B.G. Lee,

If you are looking for a network-layer last-hop AAA protocol between a host
and access network, then IETF’s solution to that is PANA. Please see the
relevant documents at http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/pana-charter.html .
Feel free to ask questions if you have any..

Alper 

> I believe you are looking for the AAAv6 draft authored by Charles Perkins and
> At Diameter Mobile IPv6 Application <draft-le-aaa-diameter-mobileipv6-03.txt>,