Subject: [AAA-WG]: draft-ietf-aaa-eap-02.txt

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2003 13:18:56 +0300

Hi everyone,

A new version of the Diameter EAP application draft is now 
available.  It has substantial changes to -01, most of which 
have not really received much WG discussion (and thus will
be probably revised in the future).  I would encourage 
everyone interested to take a look and provide feedback.

Major changes include:

o  Added lots of small protocol details:
   - Invalid packets (Sections 2.4 and 4.1.2): The particular
     AVP(s) are not yet fixed; better suggestions are welcome,
     especially if they don't require inter-request state from  
     RADIUS translation agents.
   - Retransmission timeouts (Section 2.5)
   - Fragmentation (Section 2.6 and 4.1.3)
   - Accounting AVPs (Section 2.7 and 4.1.5)

o  Added some usage guidelines (Section 2.8)
   - User-Name AVP 
   - Conflicting AVPs
   - Displayable messages
   - Role reversal

o  Added a section on how to avoid Diameter proxies (2.3). 
   Especially "scenario 3" is new and needs more discussion 
   to see if it would actually work as intended.

o  Added EAP-Master-Session-Key AVP.

o  Added a first attempt of RADIUS translation section (Section 6).

o  Added a security considerations section (Section 7).
   This is mostly written from scratch, and seems to contain 
   lots of material that actually should be somewhere else.

(HTML diffs and changebar versions are also available from
http://www.cs.hut.fi/~peronen/eap/diameter_eap.html)

I'm in Vienna Saturday..Tuesday, so I won't make it to the 
AAA WG meeting (if you'd like to meet and discuss this draft
before that, drop me a note!).

Best regards,
Pasi

-------------------------------------------------------

From: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-aaa-eap-02.txt
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2003 16:14:48 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories. This draft is a work item of the Authentication, 
Authorization and Accounting Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Diameter Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) 
                    Application
	Author(s)	: P. Eronen, T. Hiller, G. Zorn
	Filename	: draft-ietf-aaa-eap-02.txt
	Pages		: 40
	Date		: 2003-7-2
	
The Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) provides a standard
mechanism for support of various authentication methods.  This
document defines the Command-Codes and AVPs necessary to carry EAP
packets between a Network Access Server (NAS) and a back-end
authentication server

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-aaa-eap-02.txt
....