Subject: [AAA-WG]: AVP type mismatches in NASREQ-12

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 11:33:32 +0300

AVP type mismatches in NASREQ-12
Submitter name: Pasi Eronen
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date first submitted: August 12, 2003
Reference: 
Document: NASREQ-12
Comment type: T/E
Priority: 1
Section: various
Rationale/Explanation of issue:

When reviewing NASREQ-12, I found a couple of cases where the AVP 
type specified doesn't match the description of the corresponding 
RADIUS attribute in RFC 2865/2868/etc.:

These two are obviously editorial mistakes:

- Framed-IPX-Network should be Unsigned32 instead of UTF8String
  (it's not UTF-8 or human-readable, and it's always 4 octets)

- Tunnel-Client-Auth-Id should be UTF8String instead of Unsigned32
  (it's a string, and RFC2868 says it should be UTF-8)

These are not that important:

- Tunnel-Server-Auth-Id should be UTF8String instead of OctetString
  (RFC2868 says that it should be UTF-8)

- Tunnel-Private-Group-Id should be OctetString instead of UTF8String
  (RFC2868 says that it can be anything)

Best regards,
Pasi