Subject: [AAA-WG]: Question on RFC 3588 Timestamp.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 09:22:32 +0000

Hi,

On p115 of RFC 3588 (section 8.21) it states that the event timestamp AVP 
uses seconds since January 1, 1900 00:00 UTC.  Can I safely assume that 
1900 is a typo for 1970?

Regards,

John.

******************************************************************************

The content of this e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential.
If you are not the addressee indicated in this message 
(or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), 
you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such 
case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the 
sender and [email-masked] by reply email.  Please
note that in such circumstances any review, dissemination, 
disclosure, alteration, printing, copying or further transmission
of this e-mail and/or any file transmitted with it is prohibited 
and may be unlawful. Please advise us immediately if you or
your employer do not consent to Internet email for messages 
of this kind.  The opinions, conclusions and other information 
in this message are of the author and shall be understood as 
neither given nor endorsed by Vodafone Ireland Limited 
unless it is otherwise indicated by an authorised representative 
independent of this message.  Internet e-mail is
transmitted over the public internet over which Vodafone 
Ireland Limited has no control.  As such, there is no guarantee that 
(i) this e-mail will be delivered within a reasonable time or at all
(ii) this e-mail comes from the purported sender 
(iii) this e-mail has not been intercepted by a third party 
(iv) the contents of this e-mail are unaltered from the time of
transmission.  The presence of this footnote indicates that this 
message (including its attachments) has been processed by an 
automated anti-virus system; however it is the responsibility of 
the recipient to ensure that the message (and attachments) 
are safe and authorised for use in their environment.
Vodafone Ireland Ltd Directors: Peter Bamford Chairman (UK), 
Pauline Best (UK), Paul Donovan Chief Executive (UK), 
Gerry Fahy, Dermot Griffin, David Boorman, David Smithwhite(UK).
Registered in Ireland at MountainView, Leopardstown, Dublin 18. 
Number 326967 VAT Reg No. IE6346967G

******************************************************************************

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 12:12:56 +0200

John Prudhoe wrote:
>
> Hi, 
>
> On p115 of RFC 3588 (section 8.21) it states that the event
> timestamp AVP uses seconds since January 1, 1900 00:00 UTC.  
> Can I safely assume that 1900 is a typo for 1970?

No, it's not a typo; it really is 1900 (the same format
is also used in NTP).

Best regards,
Pasi