Subject: [AAA-WG]: AAA WG Roadmap

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 12:58:04 -0800 (PST)

As John Loughney noted at IETF 58, IETF 59 will represent the last meeting
of the AAA WG.  Since the WG is in the process of wrapping up, it is
important that we make rapid progress in completing documents in process.

In particular, there are two documents that have already been through AAA
WG last call, IETF last call and IESG evaluation:  Diameter NASREQ and
Diameter MOBILE IPv4.  These two documents are both now awaiting AUTHOR
REVISION.

In order to keep on schedule, it is important that we get the
author revisions made quickly, so that the documents can be approved for
publication as an RFC.  I'd like to propose that revised versions of
these documents be submitted this week, so that these documents can get
on the agenda for the next IESG telechat.

As we discussed at IETF 58, the Diameter EAP document has resolved many of
the outstanding issues and is approaching AAA WG last call.  I'd like to
propose that a new revision be submitted by the end of the month that
addresses the currently open issues, so that we can begin AAA WG last
call.

Similarly, work on Diameter Credit Control and SIP applications are
progressing.  Our goal is to address all the outstanding issues on these
documents ASAP so that we can bring them to AAA WG last call as soon as
possible.