Subject: [AAA-WG]: Question regarding IP Filter Rule

From: Avi Lior <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 14:22:54 -0500

The Black I-D and PWLAN draft prompted me to check something out.

It seems to me that something is missing in Diameter.  Using the filter
specification in 3588 its not clear how I force a forward.  The only actions
supported are permit or deny whereas ipfw supports a forward mechanism as
well.

The motivation for this is the requirement in (WLAN for example) whereby I
want to force all http traffic to a specific portal and deny all other
traffic until the portal instructs the NAS otherwise.  This needs to be done
either during an Access Accept or mid-session using COA.

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 23:46:48 +0200

> either during an Access Accept or mid-session using COA.

Does it have to be http specific? You could set Framed-Route and
then do Re-Authz when the routing changes. But Framed-Route is
not specific to a protocol or port.

--Jari