Subject: [AAA-WG]: Issue: Free-of-charge & deny semantic for multiple services in one user session

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 16:21:36 +0200

Free-of-charge & deny semantic for multiple services in one user session 
Submitter name: Marco Stura
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date first submitted: 5.11.2003
Reference: 
Document: Diameter CCA-01
Comment type: T
Priority: 2
Section: 
Rationale/Explanation of issue:

The DCC application support for multiple services in one user session, one single credit control
session can be used to request and grant multiple quotas to a set of end-user services.
However, one or more of the services requested in one Credit-Control-Request may end-up to be
free-of-charge or may be denied because of low credit. The DCC support only mechanisms to indicate
this at CC session level, a semantic to indicate free-of-charge or deny at quota level is needed
for the support of multiple services in one user session.

Proposed changed: 

Section 8.16 Granted-Service-Unit AVP
ADD (at the end of the second paragraph):
A value of 0 (zero) granted service unit associated to a Service-Identifier(s) or Rating-Group
indicates that the corresponding traffic MUST be denied. Note that in case the credit-control 
server want to disconnect the user and close the credit-control session, it SHOULD use the 
appropriate error code in the Credit-Control-Answer message rather than including n times
the Granted-Service-Units AVPs with the value of  0 (zero). 
In contrast, a value of max type granted service unit (e.g. max Unsigned 32 is FFFFFFFF) 
associated to a Service-Identifier(s) or Rating-Group indicates that the corresponding traffic 
is free-of-charge. With unit type money, the value of the Exponent AVP is set to 0 (zero) when 
free-of-charge is indicated. With unit type service specific, the value of the CC-Service-Specific-Units AVP
is set to FFFFFFFF to indicate free-of-charge.