Subject: [AAA-WG]: Issue: DCC new Fault Code 401X

From: "Harri Hakala (TU/LMF)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 14:09:43 +0100

Description of issue: New Fault code 401X
Submitter name: Harri hakala
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date first submitted: 22.01.2004
Reference: 
Document: Diameter CCA-02
Comment type: T
Priority: 1
Section: 9.1 Transient Failure
Rationale/Explanation of issues: 
The current Fault Code 4010 DIAMETER_END_USER_SERVICE_DENIED
doesn't classify why the service is denied; is the reason
some service restrictions or whether the end-user's account can
not cover the requested service.

It would be more informative to have own fault code to indicate
that end user's account can't cover the requested service.

Requested change:
Section 9.1 Transient Failure
CHANGE:
FROM:
  DIAMETER_END_USER_SERVICE_DENIED                         4010  
  The credit-control server denies the service request due to  
  service restrictions or limitations related to the end-user,   
  for example the end-user's account could not cover the requested  
  service. The possibly reported used-service-units with the CCR   
  are deducted. 
           
TO:
  DIAMETER_END_USER_SERVICE_DENIED                         4010  
  The credit-control server denies the service request due to  
  service restrictions. If the CCR contained used-service-units
  they are deducted, if possible.

ADD:
  DIAMETER_CREDIT_LIMIT_REACHED                            401X  
  The credit-control server denies the service request since 
  the end-user's account could not cover the requested service.
  If the CCR contained used-service-units they are deducted, 
  if possible.