Subject: [AAA-WG]: RE: [Mip4] radius mip?

From: "Jeremy A. Greene" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 18:14:08 -0500

Thanks - as it turns out I managed to find this in cisco's docs. They
embed their tacacs+ avps into the radius attribute 26. So that answers
the downloading of SAs to HAs. Although I haven't been able to find how
they do dynamic key distribution (not that it really matters, since I
don't think it's done much anyway, and it seems quite insecure to boot).

Jeremy

-----Original Message-----
From: Kent Leung [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 5:50 PM
To: Jeremy A. Greene
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Mip4] radius mip?

Cisco uses RADIUS Vendor-Specific Attribute (Type 26) to download the SA
from AAA server to HA for MN authentication.

CDMA2000's IS-835 also uses RADIUS Vendor-Specific Attribute as well.

Kent

At 12:48 PM 2/10/2004 -0500, Jeremy A. Greene wrote:

In looking at general aaa support for mip (2977) and the mip4-aaa-key-03
draft, I am still not clear if there is any radius support for either SA
information distributed to the HA, or dynamic key distribution to both
the HA and MN.

It seems that at least cisco uses radius to distribute SAs to HAs. And
they may even do dynamic keying using radius. But I can t find any
drafts or rfcs not that it would be surprising that cisco did something
proprietary. Or calling what is really diameter, radius. 

Jeremy