Subject: [AAA-WG]: FW: IESG review of: draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-mobileip-16.txt

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 22:02:15 +0100

Ooops used incorrect aaa mailing list	

Thanks,
Bert 

-----Original Message-----
From: Wijnen, Bert (Bert) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: maandag 23 februari 2004 19:32
To: [email-masked]; aaa
Subject: IESG review of: draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-mobileip-16.txt

AAA WG,

The IESG discussed this document on their telechat of Last Thursday.
Below are two DISCUSS concerns that need to be addressed or answered.

Beside this, Thomas Narten of the iESG has also had an email exchange with
authors. Basically he is OK with the doc, but he had some little things and
nits. If I understood the response from Tom correctly, then he has already
prepared fixes for those.

So I think that with one more (hopefully quick) respin we can get this one
approved.

Thanks,
Bert
----------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
========
Steve Bellovin (DISCUSS):

Nit: it speaks of xyz.com instead of example.com

2.2 says

      Security considerations may require that the HAR be sent directly
      from the AAAH to the HA without the use of intermediary Diameter
      agents. This requires that a security association between the AAAH
      and HA be established, as in Figure 4.

If the HA is in the foreign network, how does AAAH get suitable information
to set up a secure session?

7: "the keys in this regime are symmetric in the sense they are
      used in both directions" is a very bad idea. 
----------------------------------------------------------------
Russ Housley (DISCUSS):

I am uncomfortable proceeding with this document without seeing [MIPKEYS]
too. The reference was difficult to track down. Once I finally found it, it
is in 'Publication Requested' state.