Subject: [AAA-WG]: comments on diameter eap version 4

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 17:05:26 +0200

Hi Pasi,

I read the newest version of the draft. It looks good, thanks! A couple
of comments, however -- if the chairs start a WGLC on this document
you can consider these as the first last call comments:

- Section 2.3 beginning: do we need the note anymore? It seems that
   the flows have been discussed in at least one WG meeting, and have
   lived through a couple of versions...

- In Section 2.3.3, change

    The NASREQ application is used here for authorization because the
    realm-specific routing table does support routing based on
    application, but not more...TO BE CLARIFIED.

   to

    The NASREQ application is used here for authorization because the
    realm-specific routing table supports routing based on application,
    but not on Diameter commands.

- Section 2.8.5 may be in conflict with EAP channel bindings. Perhaps
   you should recommend that the diameter server at least sends all
   AVPs to the backend auth server.

- AVP occurrence table in 5.1 is missing EAP-Reissued-Payload
   and EAP-Master-Session-Key AVPs. The correct occurrence counters
   for these are:

    Attribute Name                      |  DER  |  DEA  |
    ------------------------------------|-------+-------|
    EAP-Reissued-Payload                |   0   |   0-1 |
    EAP-Master-Session-Key              |   0   |   0-1 |

- In Section 3.2, s/2.  the/2.  The/

- s/can't/cannot/g

-- Jari