Subject: [AAA-WG]: Issue EAP : User-name Handling

From: "Joseph Salowey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 14:00:02 -0800

Submitter name: Joe Salowey 
Submitter email address: [email-masked] 
Date first submitted: 3/3/2004 
Reference: 
Document: eap 
Comment type: 'E'ditorial
Priority: '1' Should fix 
Section: 2.8.1
Rationale/Explanation of issue: 

The draft says "...the Diameter server SHOULD return the user's identity
by inserting it in the User-Name AVP of susequent Diameter-EAP-Answer
packets."  It is not clear which user identity this is referring to.  If
it is referring to the user's real identity this is only available once
the EAP method completes.  It probably should state:

"...the Diameter Server SHOULD return the real user's identity by
inserting it in the User-Name AVP of Diameter-EAP-Answer packets that
contain a Result-Code of DIAMETER-SUCCESS."
 
It might also be good to discuss that the real user-name MAY be omitted
or replaced with a different billing identifier if identity privacy is
required in the DIAMETER channel.