Subject: [AAA-WG]: DCC Issue: It is not clear where the content of the CC-Correlation-Id AVP is defined

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 16:24:58 +0200

Description of issue: It is not clear where the content of the CC-Correlation-Id AVP is defined
Submitter name:  Marco Stura
Date first submitted: 5.03.2004 
Reference: 
Document: draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-cc-03.txt 
Comment type: E
Priority: 1 
Section: 3.1 and 3.2

Rationale/Explanation of issue

In section 8.1 it is stated that the CC-Correlation-Id AVP contains information to
correlate requests generated for different components of a service, but it is not
mentioned what is the actual content and encoding of this AVP.

I think it is appropriate to add similar text as in section 8.43.

Requested change:

- Section 8.1

FROM

   The CC-Correlation-Id AVP (AVP Code 411) is type of OctetString and 
   contains information to correlate credit control requests generated 
   for different components of the service, e.g. transport and service 
   level. 

TO

   The CC-Correlation-Id AVP (AVP Code 411) is of type OctetString and 
   contains information to correlate credit control requests generated 
   for different components of the service, e.g. transport and service 
   level. The one who allocates the Service-Identifier, i.e. unique
   identifier of a service, is also responsible to define the content
   and encoding of the CC-Correlation-Id AVP.

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 07:19:37 +0200

Assigned Issue 30.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
> ext 
> Sent: 05 March, 2004 16:25
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [AAA-WG]: DCC Issue: It is not clear where the content of the
> CC-Correlation-Id AVP is defined
> 
> 
>