Subject: [AAA-WG]: Issue eap : Key Name AVP

From: "Joseph Salowey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 17:10:55 -0800

Submitter name: Joe Salowey 
Submitter email address: [email-masked] 
Date first submitted: 3/3/2004 
Reference: 
Document: eap 
Comment type: T
Priority: '1' Should fix 
Section: 4.1
Rationale/Explanation of issue: 

Since EAP keying has the concept of the key name this should probably be
returned along with the Master Key. 

"4.1.5 EAP-Master-Session-Key-Name AVP

The EAP-Master-Session-Key-Name AVP (AVP Code TBD) is of type
OctetString. It contains the name used to identify the
EAP-Master-Session-Key.  Exactly how this name is used depends upon the
link layer in question, and is beyond the scope of this document.  This
AVP can optionally be present whenever an EAP-Master-Session-Key AVP is
present.  

Since there currently are no standard RADIUS attribtues for key name
this attribute does not translate to or from RADIUS in a standard way."