Subject: [AAA-WG]: IETF Last Call on EAP State Machine Document

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 13:03:09 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has received a request from the EAP Working Group to consider the
following document for publication as an Informational RFC:

"State Machines for Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) Peer and
Authenticator"

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.

IETF Last Call will run until  May 27, 2004.  Please send comments to
[email-masked], and  cc: [email-masked], the EAP WG mailing list.

The document is available for inspection here:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eap-statemachine-03.pdf
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-eap-statemachine-03.txt

Comments should be sent in the Issues format specified on the EAP WG
issues page:

http://www.drizzle.com/~aboba/EAP/eapissues.html

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 10:20:18 +0300

Let me add that this document includes among
other things an abstract interface between the
EAP state machine and AAA, so review from the
AAA viewpoint would be very useful.

--Jari