Subject: RE: [AAA-WG]: Multiple Quotas in Granted-Service-Unit etc. in D-C CA

From: "Harri Hakala (JO/LMF)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 14:34:08 +0200

Hi Cameron,

> Is it possible to include multiple quotas in 
> Granted-Service-Unit or Used-Service-Unit?  This would mean, 
> for example, both CC-Time and CC-Total-Octets being included 
> in the same instance of Granted-Service-Unit.  Is that acceptable?

I assume that your question is related to 'basic' credit control
and not to case when multiple services in one credit control 
session is applied, i.e. Multiple-Services-Credit-Control AVP is not
used.

In the 'basic' case, it is acceptable include several units in Granted-Service-Unit
and Used-service-unit, but then if several unit types are included in the G-S-U
the credit-control client must handle each unit type separately and the 
unit types should not be changed within an ongoing credit-control session. 
Also there must be maximum one instance of the same unit type in one CCA 
message. This means also that when all of the granted service units for one
unit type are spent by the user, the CC client must send a new CCR to the 
CC server.

regards...........Harri