Subject: [AAA-WG]: Wrapping up NASREQ...

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 12:33:33 -0700 (PDT)

David Mitton has put up a strawman version of the NASREQ-15 here for
examination:

http://www.circularnetworks.com/draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-nasreq-15.txt

This version is designed to close all open issues (see below).

Since NASREQ has already gone through WG last call, IETF last call, IESG
review and approval for publication as a Proposed Standard, this
represents the very last opportunity to comment on it before it is done.

So... speak now or forever (until NASREQbis) hold your piece.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Generic Edits in D15:
- Update document dates & version
- Update David Spence info
- Fix Acct-Session-ID in ABNFs
- Remove table entry for Termination-Action
- Add reference to Base Termination-Cause
- Re-add missing code points for NAS-Port-Type
- correct header levels for LAT services

- Tunnel-Client-Auth-ID, Tunnel-Server-Auth-ID defined as UTF8Strings
	(Was Unsigned32 in table, OctetString in description)

- Pg 60, Sect 9.1, Session-Timeout: Remove phrase "I guess the safest bet
is to"

----------
Issues:

Issue 431 - Identities in RADIUS Translation, Pasi Eronen

1&2) State attribute should contain:
"Diameter/"<Origin-Host>"/"<Origin-Realm>"/"<Session-Id>

3) State content building should be consistent
4) Fix section 9.3 for Origin-Host to identify NAS source, not gateway
5) Corrected.
6) Origin-Realm & Origin-Host AVP should contain best verified info on NAS
identity (not the gateway)

Issue 451 - Interim vs. STOP Record, Avi Lior
	a) Compromise - add text to allow Stop/Start as service specific
	b) Editorial correction Accepted

Issue 452 - Accounting Session-Id in ACA Command, Avi Lior
	Accepted: Corrected AVP name

Issue 453 - Problem with Accounting Session-Id and Session-Id, Avi Lior
	Accepted: Acct-Session-Id cannot be put in Diam Session-Id
			Acct-Session-Id is an accepted Diameter AVP.
			A RADIUS/Diameter gateway will have to assign &
track
			Diameter Session-Ids.

Issue 454 - Diameter NASREQ conflict with Base, Bernard Aboba
	Close: Text already changed in draft 14

Issue 457 - Editorial NIT in NASREQ-14, Johan Hermans
	Accepted: Updated Service-Type list

Issue 462 - Typo in NASREQ-14, Ignacio Goyret
	Accepted: Tunnel-Client-Auth-Id type bug

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 16:41:12 +0200

>So... speak now or forever (until NASREQbis) hold your piece.
paragraph 9.2 (Diameter Request Forwarded as RADIUS Request) :

"The Session-Id information XYXXY to a Acct-Session-Id AVP."

eh ? Is this a mistake made during issue 453 ?

-- 
Jo Hermans