Subject: [AAA-WG]: DCC: CLIENT, SESSION BASED State Machine

From: "Christopher Richards" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 15:17:41 -0500

Hi All,

In the CLIENT, SESSION BASED state machine description in section 7 there is
the following event-state pair.

7. Credit Control Application State Machine  
...
       CLIENT, SESSION BASED for the first interrogation with CCR  
    
     State      Event                          Action       New State  
     ----------------------------------------------------------------  
...
     PendingI  Failure to send, or            Grant        Idle  
               temporary error and            service to            
               CCFH equal to CONTINUE         end user  
...
 
      CLIENT, SESSION BASED for intermediate and final interrogations  
     State     Event                          Action       New State  
     ----------------------------------------------------------------  
...
     PendingU  Failure to send, or            Grant        Idle  
               temporary error and            service to  
               CCFH equal to CONTINUE         end user  
...

Would it not be better to grant some limited service usage to the end user
and move to the Open state. This will then allow the DCC client to
re-authorise the used service at a later time when it may pass. E.g.

     State      Event                          Action       New State  
     ----------------------------------------------------------------  
...
     PendingI  Failure to send, or            Grant         Open  
               temporary error and            limited            
               CCFH equal to CONTINUE         service to
                                              end user  
...
      CLIENT, SESSION BASED for intermediate and final interrogations  
     State     Event                          Action       New State  
     ----------------------------------------------------------------  
...
     PendingU  Failure to send, or            Grant        Open  
               temporary error and            limited  
               CCFH equal to CONTINUE         service to
                                              end user  
...

Cheers,
Chris.