Subject: [AAA-WG]: Diameter & Resource Management

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 13:31:46 +0200

I know of the old draft by Pat Calhoun 
<http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-calhoun-diameter-res-mgmt-08.txt>, 
but that was 3 years ago. Does anyone know of more work in this area ? 
And what about the Diameter SNMP-MIB's ?

I'm not necessarily interested in the possiblity of retrieving the list 
of sessions and to query the state of an exiting session (yes, I know 
the drawbacks when there are hundreds of thousands of sessions in a 
server). And I also know that you might so the same thing with SNMP.

I'm more interested in a application that can query a server, to 
retrieve the list of realms, peers, supported applications, various 
statistics, etc ... and yes, also sessions. This application might 
recursively query the peers that are discovered (traceroute style, using 
Destination-Realm and Destination-Host), and can be be used to map out 
the entire network. But it would use a Diameter application instead of 
SNMP. The purpose would be to map the entire network, and to collect 
various statistics on the various hosts (number of packets in and out, 
list of connections, etc ...)

Note : this has absolutely nothing to do with my employer, I was just 
doodling a bit on the public transport on the way home last night :-) 
I've already got the basic layout of the command-codes.

-- 
Jo Hermans - ready to be flamed