Subject: AW: AW: [AAA-WG]: questions/comments on draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-s ip-a pp-02

From: "Beck01, Wolfgang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 09:06:49 +0200

Miguel,

> I am afraid we cannot remove the support for the scenario described in 
> section 5.3. Among other things, the lack of qop is widely used today, 
> no matter what RFC 2617 indicates that it should be used. For instance, 
> 3GPP is using HTTP Digest AKA that does not require qop. So it is not 
> the support of an old RFC, but the support of current networks deployments.
I see. There is one more case were only one MAR/MAA round-trip is required:
SIP server 2 selects nonce, opaque etc by itself and challenges the SIP UA.
When the SIP UA re-sends its request, SIP server 2 puts the Authorization
header contents into a MAR and sends ist to the DIAMETER server.

Wolfgang

---

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 10:16:18 +0300

> header contents into a MAR and sends ist to the DIAMETER server.

Yes, of course, such scenario exist. It is the case when the SIP client 
sends an unsolicited Digest credentials. So it is a subset of the 
scenario described in section 5.2, where we have messages 9 to 16.

- Miguel

-- 
Miguel A. Garcia           tel:+358-50-4804586
Nokia Research Center      Helsinki, Finland