From: Joe Harvell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 10:04:44 -0400 (EDT)

Microsoft Mail Internet Headers Version 2.0
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 14:02:54 +0000
Subject: Re: [AAA-WG]: Application IDs for EAP

There is still the issue of the MUST requirement in RFC 3588.

 From Section 3 (Diameter Header):

Application-ID

Application-ID is four octets and is used to identify to which 
application the message is applicable for.  The application can be an 
authentication application, an accounting application or a vendor 
specific application.  See Section 11.3 for the possible values that the 
application-id may use.

****The application-id in the header MUST be the same as what is 
contained in any relevant AVPs contianed in the message.****

The ASR, RAR and STR each require an Auth-Applicaiton-Id.  I would say 
the above text requires it to be the same as the Application-ID in the 
header.  I am unsure if the text below suggests using 0 in the 
Auth-Application-Id AVPs for RAR, ASR and STA.  If it does not, then it 
violates the MUST requirement above.  If it does, it should state that 
it does.

Jari Arkko wrote:

> This text looks good (with Bernard's correction).
> Ship it.
>
> --Jari
>
> [email-masked] wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Here's proposed text about the application identifiers:
> >
> >    When the NASREQ AA-Request (AAR) or AA-Answer (AAA) commands are 
> used
> >    for AUTHORIZE_ONLY messages in conjunction with EAP (see Section
> >    2.3.3), an Application Identifier value of 1 (NASREQ) is used, and
> >    the commands follow the rules and ABNF defined in [NASREQ].
> >
> >    Similarly, when the Re-Auth-Request (RAR), Re-Auth-Answer (RAA),
> >    Session-Termination-Request (STR), Session-Termination-Answer (STA),
> >    Abort-Session-Request (ASR), Abort-Session-Answer (ASA),
> >    Accounting-Request (ACR), and Accounting-Answer (ACA) commands are
> >    used together with the Diameter EAP application, they follow the
> >    rules in [NASREQ] and [BASE].  The accounting commands use
> >    Application Identifier value of 3 (Diameter Base Accounting); the
> >    others use 0 (Diameter Common Messages).
> >
> > If this is OK, I can submit -08 tomorrow...
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Pasi
> >
>