Subject: [AAA-WG]: Application IDs for EAP

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 11:18:54 +0300

Hi,

Here's proposed text about the application identifiers:

   When the NASREQ AA-Request (AAR) or AA-Answer (AAA) commands are used 
   for AUTHORIZE_ONLY messages in conjunction with EAP (see Section
   2.3.3), an Application Identifier value of 1 (NASREQ) is used, and
   the commands follow the rules and ABNF defined in [NASREQ].

   Similarly, when the Re-Auth-Request (RAR), Re-Auth-Answer (RAA),
   Session-Termination-Request (STR), Session-Termination-Answer (STA),
   Abort-Session-Request (ASR), Abort-Session-Answer (ASA),
   Accounting-Request (ACR), and Accounting-Answer (ACA) commands are
   used together with the Diameter EAP application, they follow the
   rules in [NASREQ] and [BASE].  The accounting commands use
   Application Identifier value of 3 (Diameter Base Accounting); the
   others use 0 (Diameter Common Messages).

If this is OK, I can submit -08 tomorrow...

Best regards,
Pasi

---

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 08:19:28 -0700 (PDT)

>    Similarly, when the Re-Auth-Request (RAR), Re-Auth-Answer (RAA),

Take out "Similiarly, " since different Application-IDs are used.
Otherwise it's ok.

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 12:18:38 +0300

This text looks good (with Bernard's correction).
Ship it.

--Jari