Subject: [AAA-WG]: Diameter & Resource Management

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 16:44:27 +0200

I know of the old draft by Pat Calhoun
<http://www.watersprings.org/pub/id/draft-calhoun-diameter-res-mgmt-08.txt>, 

but that was 3 years ago. Does anyone know of more work in this area ?
And what about the Diameter SNMP-MIB's ?

I'm not necessarily interested in the possiblity of retrieving the list
of sessions and to query the state of an exiting session (yes, I know
the drawbacks when there are hundreds of thousands of sessions in a
server). And I also know that you might so the same thing with SNMP.

I'm more interested in a application that can query a server, to
retrieve the list of realms, peers, supported applications, various
statistics, etc ... and yes, also sessions. This application might
recursively query the peers that are discovered (traceroute style, using
Destination-Realm and Destination-Host), and can be be used to map out
the entire network. But it would use a Diameter application instead of
SNMP. The purpose would be to map the entire network, and to collect
various statistics on the various hosts (number of packets in and out,
list of connections, etc ...)

Note : this has absolutely nothing to do with my employer, I was just
doodling a bit on the public transport on the way home last night :-)
I've already got the basic layout of the command-codes.

-- 
Jo Hermans - ready to be flamed

---

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 08:00:13 -0700 (PDT)

> And what about the Diameter SNMP-MIB's ?

Work on the Diameter SNMP MIBs stopped quite a while back.  Are you
interested in volunteering to take that work up again?