From: Joe Harvell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 12:40:34 -0400 (EDT)

Microsoft Mail Internet Headers Version 2.0
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2004 16:38:13 +0000
Subject: Re: [AAA-WG]: Issue 464: Application-Id Usage (repost without html)

Bernard:

Let's ignore the question of which value of the app id belongs in which 
commands for a second.  I would like to know when the application-id 
field in the Diameter header and any included Auth-Application-Id or 
Accounting-Application-Id AVPs in the message could/should have values 
that are different?

If they can never be different, then what is the purpose for the AVPs?

Bernard Aboba wrote:

> > Firstly, there is section 3 of RFC 3588. It states that the
> > application-id in the header of any command MUST be the same as the
> > application id in any relevant AVPs.
>
> Can you be more specific on what the problem is with this?
>
>