Subject: [AAA-WG]: Diameter SIP app -03

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 12:19:31 +0300

Hi:

I have just submitted a new version of the Diameter SIP application. 
While the document appears in the typical repository, you can download a 
copy from:

http://people.nokia.net/~miguel/drafts/draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-sip-app-03.txt
http://people.nokia.net/~miguel/drafts/draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-sip-app-03.html

The list of changes:

14.1  Changes in draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-sip-app-03.txt from -02.txt

    o  A Diameter Subscriber Locator was either a Diameter Relay or a
       Diameter Redirect node.  We have removed the Diameter Relay
       functionality, since Diameter relays will not relay CER/CEA
       messages, thus, a Diameter client will never be able to determine
       which Diameter applications are running in a given Diameter
       server.  So a Diameter Subscriber Locator is implemented as a
       Diameter redirect node.
    o  Section "Registration termination" has been rewritten.  Now the
       procedures speak about SIP soft state management, rather than SIP
       registration, so this procedures are applicable to SIP event
       subscriptions as well.  A discussion on how to couple Diameter
       user sessions with SIP soft states is also added
    o  Added a new Digest-Expected-Response AVP that allows the Diameter
       server to send a pre-calculated expected digest response to the
       Diameter client.  This is only applicable to the case when the SIP
       UA does not use client nounces.
    o  The Authentication Details Section has been updated with the
       latest details of the authentication process.

Regards,

      Miguel
-- 
Miguel A. Garcia           tel:+358-50-4804586
Nokia Research Center      Helsinki, Finland