Subject: [AAA-WG]: DCCA 05: missing Failed-AVP?

From: Schendel Jens ICM Berlin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 22:38:20 +0200

Hi all,

just one question: section 4.1 says that Failed-AVP is to be used if result code DIAMETER_RATING_FAILED was applied.
However, I cannot find the Failed-AVP in the ABNF grammar in section 3.2.
Should it be fixed?
Sorry, if I overlooked something or in case this issue has already been addressed.

Section 4.1

   In case a rating input required for the rating process is incorrect 
   in the Credit control request, or the credit control server does not 
   support the requested service, the Credit control answer MUST contain 
   error code DIAMETER_RATING_FAILED. A CCR message with this error MUST 
   contain one or more Failed-AVP AVPs containing the missing and/or 
   unsupported AVPs that caused the failure. A Diameter credit control 
   client receiving error code DIAMETER_RATING_FAILED in answer to a 
   request MUST NOT send such similar requests in the future.  

I further guess that there is a typing error in the text above

Modification in section 4.1 from

   error code DIAMETER_RATING_FAILED. A CCR message with this error MUST 

to 

   error code DIAMETER_RATING_FAILED. A CCA message with this error MUST 

Modification in section 3.2 

Add

   * [ Failed-AVP ]

Regards 
Jens

---

From: "Leena Mattila (TU/LMF)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 08:15:01 +0200

Hi Jens,

This is obviously a bug. Good catch, thanks.

BR,
Leena

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
Schendel Jens ICM Berlin
Sent: 8. heinäkuuta 2004 23:38
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [AAA-WG]: DCCA 05: missing Failed-AVP?

Hi all,

Section 4.1

to 

Add

   * [ Failed-AVP ]

Regards 
Jens