Subject: [AAA-WG]: AAA URI draft

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 09:49:04 +0300

Hi:

During the presentation of the AAA URI draft 
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-aaa-uri-01.txt) I made 
in San Diego, I indicated that I will submit the document for revision 
to the URI-review list in the IETF. I did it, I sent the draft to the 
list, and surprise surprise I got no comments at all. I wonder if the 
draft is so perfect...

Anyway, the WG LC of the AAA URI draft ends today, and we got no 
comments. The only issue that came to my mind is that the Generic URI 
syntax, RFC 2396 has been reviewed this days, and it is currently in 
IETF Last Call 
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-fielding-uri-rfc2396bis-06.txt) 
heading to full standard. This document will (if approved) obsolete RFC 
2396 and RFC 2732, both of them normative dependencies in AAA URI.

My concern is whether we should analyze the differences between RFC 2396 
and 2396bis, and create a dependency on the bis document. Comments?

Regards,

          Miguel

-- 
Miguel A. Garcia           tel:+358-50-4804586
Nokia Research Center      Helsinki, Finland

---

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 23:52:21 -0700 (PDT)

My understanding is that the primary changes in the URI spec
relate to internationalization.  Don't these changes apply to the AAA URI
as well?  If so, then I think a normative dependency may be unavoidable.

---

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 10:20:51 +0300

Right, I also sympathize with the idea of making the AAA URI dependent 
on a full standard document.

I will, therefore, analyze the difference between 2396 and 2396bis and 
create a new version of AAA URI that depends on 2396bis.

Regards,

          Miguel