Subject: [AAA-WG]: RE: Multiple service instances of the same service type

From: "STURA Marco Consultant" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 10:53:51 +0200

Enoch,
 
I'm not sure I understand the real use case behind your suggestion, but
as a matter of fact the technical content of the draft is definitely
frozen.
However, following the RFC 3588 principles and the recommendations in
sect. 4.1 of the DCC, it is possible to extend the DCC by defining new
AVPs
in the future.
 
Regards
Marco

-----Original Message-----
From: Wang, Yile Enoch (Enoch) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 12:49 AM
To: STURA Marco Consultant
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Multiple service instances of the same service type
 
Marco and colleagues,
 
MSCC provides a mechanism that allows multiple (sub)services in one
credit control session.  I noticed that Service-Identifier is included
in MSCC to differentiate services.  To my understanding, the use of
Service-Identifier is not intended to identify run-time service
instances.  If there are multiple services instances of the same type
(e.g., voice service) within one credit control session, and a separate
credit pool shall be maintained for each of the instance, do we have a
mechanism to associate MSCCs to their corresponding service instances?
If not, do we need to introduce a Service-Instance-Identifier in MSCC?
 
Thanks,
 
Enoch