Subject: [AAA-WG]: Small nits for NASREQ author's 48 hours

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 15:02:31 +0300

Submitter name: Pasi Eronen
Submitter email address: [email-masked]
Date first submitted: August 12, 2004
Document: NASREQ-17
Comment type: Editorial
Priority: 2
Section: 6.4 and 3.2
Rationale/Explanation of issue:

One of the issues left for Diameter EAP was to sync the ABNFs
and AVP occurrence tables with the latest NASREQ version.
When doing this, I noticed two small inconsistencies
(which could be handled in author's 48 hours).

1) 

ABNF and AVP occurrence tables say Idle-Timeout AVP is not
allowed in AAR. This was changed between -11 and -12 (issue
404). However, the text in Section 6.4 still says it may be 
used as a hint in AAR.

Proposal: Remove the sentence "It MAY be used in an
authentication and/or authorization request (or challenge) as a
hint to the server that an idle timeout is desired, but the
server is not required to honor the hint in the corresponding
response."

2) 

AVP occurrence table says AAA can contain 0-1 Multi-Round-
Time-Out AVP, but it's not listed in ABNF.
   
Proposal: Add it to AA-Answer ABNF in Section 3.2.

Best regards,
Pasi