Subject: [AAA-WG]: Question about peer state machine and R-Conn-CER

From: Avi Lior <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 16:27:56 -0500

I have a question about the diameter peer state machine.

From 3588:

 I-Open             Send-Message     I-Snd-Message    I-Open
                    I-Rcv-Message    Process          I-Open
                    I-Rcv-DWR        Process-DWR,     I-Open
                                     I-Snd-DWA
                    I-Rcv-DWA        Process-DWA      I-Open
                    R-Conn-CER       R-Reject         I-Open
                    Stop             I-Snd-DPR        Closing
                    I-Rcv-DPR        I-Snd-DPA,       Closed
                                     I-Disc
                    I-Peer-Disc      I-Disc           Closed
                    I-Rcv-CER        I-Snd-CEA        I-Open
                    I-Rcv-CEA        Process-CEA      I-Open

R-Conn-CER  is actually not the best naming for this event.
This is because R-* is used to represent the responder and its not in this
case.

However, I think that R-Reject should be Reject or I-Reject in the above
state.

Note in the R-Open state when R-Conn-CER is received the Action is R-Reject.
It should reamin R-Reject or be changed to Reject.

Is this correct?

-----------------------------
Avi Lior
Bridgewater Systems Corp.
Phone: 613.591.9104 x 6417
Cell   : 613.297.2177