Subject: [AAA-WG]: Status of Diameter SIP Application?

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 23:44:52 -0800 (PST)

AAA WG last call has concluded on the Diameter SIP application.

Can the editors provide a status on the open/resolved issues in the
document?  Also, the RADIUS Digest Authentication specification has also
completed RADEXT WG last call.  Are there any open issues relating to
Diameter/RADIUS interoperability?

---

From: Miguel Garcia <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 10:20:51 +0200

Hi Bernard and all:

Here is the status of the Diameter SIP application:

The document completed WG last call. There were a number of open issues, 
some of them were already introduced in the current version of the 
draft, others are still pending of reworks. All the open issues are 
documented in this web page:

http://danforsberg.info:8080/draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-sip/

One of these open issues, suggested by Jari Arkko, indicated that the 
Diameter SIP application should resuse the Digest-* AVPs from the Radius 
Digest draft. This requires a substantial rework of the draft. 
Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to do the rework, but I am 
confident that I will have a new reworked version before Christmas.

Additionally, Wolfgang and me will be meeting in Washington in order to 
find out how to better synchronize the Radius and Diameter drafts.

- Miguel

-- 
Miguel A. Garcia           tel:+358-50-4804586
Nokia Research Center      Helsinki, Finland