Subject: Is it due to Version change, or I took it wrongly ?

From: "oratory" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 11:11:51 +0200

CHFR Climbs Another 20.5% As 8 New Distributors Come On Board!

China Fruits Corporation
Symbol: CHFR
Price: $0.41 UP 20.5%

CHFR is steady climbing this week as they announce their expansion with
8 new distributors. Up 9.6% Monday and another 20.5% Tuesday, this one
is making investors steady money. Read the news and get on CHFR first
thing Wednesday!

when I see that delete is all done, by looking at the sessions in TOAD
and issue a kill session on it, after delete, will it commit since I
have autocommit on? Logon and submit statement SQL is impossible during
this time. You do not UPDATE the row using UPDATE, you just set the
values. All from the buffer cache.
1: HOW TO SELECT FROM A TABLE EXCLUDING LOCKED ROWS.
I have searched it extensively using the search words "hibernate,
toplink, object relational mapping," and so on. Maybe this appears as
magic to young coders who never encountered good app design; i dunno.
I can define the session (or some sessions) for suspending, and the rest
can finish their work normally. Isn't the "master select" statement
supposed to be read consistent?
no need to extend the tablespace size due to temporary maintaining old
and new copy of the same object while re-creation going on ? Again, I am
not refering to the sorted output, I am refering to the correct effect
of partition by.
3, surprise) with the probe.
will it maintain a pointer in the resultset to get the rows one by one.
If the reason codes are matched, then move the deleted record to a
archive table and let the delete happen, else raise an application
error.
This is a little confusing at first sight but as you say, a DDL query is
a transaction that involves many queries behind the scene, so in the end
that makes sense :-). Consider the table is big(i.
I guess the real question is;  If I have a large number  of inactive
jdbc sessions, and they get swapped out because the db server is running
low on memory, does it matter? the easy path is the right path.
Followup: partitioning is entirely totally different from sorting.
Then the "freezed" sessions can proceed with their work too. This clause
does not exist.
Or you can de-couple the application by picking one database, and using
Oracle's messaging technology (AQ) or replication to copy the essential
data to that database from the others.
:-(  Followup: you cannot write a perl script to do the job of a dblink,
it is not possible. Greg, paging may be normal and expected, but paging
out critical parts of the SGA is never good. So it will read the rows
from the table and try to build a read consistent image . Or you can
de-couple the application by picking one database, and using Oracle's
messaging technology (AQ) or replication to copy the essential data to
that database from the others. "Or you can de-couple the application by
picking one database, and using Oracle's messaging technology (AQ) or
replication to copy the essential data to that database from the others.
If we did it procedurally - the most efficient plan would not be
available to the optimizer.
I have two tables say, TABLE1 AND TABLE2. Honestly, I think queues or
message buses are great, in the right circumstance.
This query is executed and data is in cache.
I am not sure I understand what is going on with the read consistency
here. P2 insert the row into p2.
Rebuilding indexes online does not affect to table base.
It can just as easily be the table you insert the same data into or the
parameters a procedure accepts. some people discourage me oracle career
is not a good . What if I want to move simple object between
heterogeneous dbs? Sorry, if my observation is wrong.
BLOCK (their database block address, or DBA).
As we expand our use of the self service module, we're using a lot more
jdbc connections. My example used was a very simplified version of a
proposal made by a contractor to my office.
You are not creating anything, you are doing a DELETE.
c) Would it be a long running operation if I have deleted say 200k rows
out of 200 million row table and want to reclaim space?
I guess that's much better to calling a procedure on the Vietnamese
database with a set of parameters. I think I'll just ignore the 'session
uga memory' statistic in the future. Followup: However, this is highly
NOT RECOMMENDED.
7, and got the same results.
As a step in the migration, we have conformed dimensions used in all of
the databases. Followup: you might increase the number of sub pools (in
9i and above) - depends on how big you make the shared pool and how many
cpu's you have. I know, you reinvented the proverbial wheel big time.
And parsing is a HUGE user of latches.
we will be working on fixing the problem.
In short, the answer is "no, not in 9i". When we open the cursor , the
Select query will be executed  .