Subject: [abfab] OID plan

From: Leif Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2011 16:08:03 +0100

After a few rountrips with IANA and thanks to our AD we have the 
following proposal for the WG on how to handle OIDs:

We'll ask for (and very likely receive) an ARC from IANA. Sean will be 
the source of the ARC. The WG will maintain the registry for the ARC in 
the form of an I-D that we'll maintain as we go along and as 
implementation experience shows the need for updates and allocation of 
new OIDs. As the core documents are finalized we'll turn the whole 
registry over to IANA or publish it as an RFC or fold it into the 
appropriate documents.

How does that sound?

         Cheers Leif

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 10:30:03 +0100

This sounds fine.

On 2/5/11 4:08 PM, Leif Johansson wrote:
> the source of the ARC. The WG will maintain the registry for the ARC
> in the form of an I-D that we'll maintain as we go along and as
> _______________________________________________
> abfab mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/abfab
>

---

From: Leif Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 11:19:36 +0100

> This sounds fine.

Any other voices of dissent or approval?

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 08:47:16 -0500

I think I'd said this sounded fine before the plan was finalized.

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 10:58:23 -0500

So the OID arc has been assigned:
http://www.iana.org/assignments/smi-numbers

Note the one change is that instead of me being the registrar it's the 
IESG.  I didn't think that was a big deal.

Happy OIDing.

spt

---

From: Leif Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 17:04:09 +0100

> IESG.  I didn't think that was a big deal.

Thank you Sean! Ideally I'd like a volunteer for maintaining the
registration I-D by Prague.

	Cheers Leif

---

From: Rhys Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 17:01:46 +0000

On 10 Feb 2011, at 16:04, Leif Johansson wrote:

> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> 

Leif,

I can do this. 

Will have a chat to you and/or Klaas next week at the TF-EMC2 meetings if we get a chance.

Regards,
R.
--
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr Rhys Smith                                   e: [email-masked]
Engineering Consultant: Identity & Access Management  (GPG:0xDE2F024C)
Information Services,
Cardiff University,                            t: +44 (0) 29 2087 0126
39-41 Park Place, Cardiff,                     f: +44 (0) 29 2087 4285
CF10 3BB, United Kingdom.                      m: +44 (0) 7968 087 821
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Leif Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 22:23:03 +0100

> Will have a chat to you and/or Klaas next week at the TF-EMC2 meetings if we get a chance.

Thank you very much for volunteering Rhys!

	Cheers Leif