Subject: [abfab] consensus call on split of Abfab Architecture document

From: Klaas Wierenga <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 16:17:39 +0200

Dear all,

We have another consensus call to make...

At IETF 80, the document "ABFAB Architecture" was discussed.

Strictly speaking this document is still a personal draft, so at this
stage this is NOT a call for adoption as WG document. But an Abfab
architecture document is part of the Abfab deliverables. At the WG
meeting the authors proposed to split the document into a non-normative
architecture description and an "Implementation guidelines" document.

The current document is available for inspection here:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lear-abfab-arch-02

If you have not participated in the consensus call in the WG meeting,
please read the document, and respond to this Call for Consensus by 22
April, 2011, indicating whether you favor splitting the document in 2
separate documents (which would also result into adding an
implementation guidelines document as a new deliverable for Abfab).

Klaas & Leif

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 15:26:33 +0200

Hi Klaas,

We're not quite ready for this.  I think the authors took an action item
to propose the split.  We'll follow-up with that proposal.

Eliot

> implementation guidelines document as a new deliverable for Abfab).
_______________________________________________
abfab mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/abfab

---

From: Klaas Wierenga <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 15:43:53 +0200

On 4/11/11 3:26 PM, Eliot Lear wrote:

Hi Eliot,

> to propose the split.  We'll follow-up with that proposal.

We did have a consensus call in the WG meeting on this, but if the
authors feel it is too early still we can postpone.

Klaas

---

From: Leif Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 16:12:16 +0200

> authors feel it is too early still we can postpone.

Yeah this isn't the consensus call to adopt the result but the consensus
call to split. It was asked in the room in Prague and we (the chairs)
felt it was important enough to follow up on the list.

	Cheers Leif