Subject: [abfab] EAP applicability and ABFAB

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 10:08:05 -0400

Hi.
At the ABFAB BOF, we said that we would work on updating the EAP
applicability statement in order to permit what we're doing.
We included that in our charter.

After the last meeting Stephen indicated he'd be OK with us doing a
document that was very specific to ABFAB but was uncomfortable with the
general  document covering NEA, ABFAB and other uses. He seemed to
question whether we actually needed to do this work.

Things seem to have stalled.

I'd really like to see this work get unstalled.  It's my belief that a
number of people (myself included) would have objected to the ABFAB
charter if we didn't plan on doing this applicability work. I would
strongly object to the IESG approving draft-ietf-abfab-gss-eap without a
clear plan to update the applicability statement.  I really don't want
to be in a silly position like ending up filing an appeal on a document
I edit. I'd really appreciate if we can all work together to unblock
this issue and respect the desires of us who in good faith agreed to
support ABFAB on the grounds that this work would be done.

Thanks for your consideration,

--Sam

---

From: Leif Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 22:27:08 +0200

On 03/25/2012 04:08 PM, Sam Hartman wrote:
> applicability statement in order to permit what we're doing. We
> included that in our charter.
> 
> After the last meeting Stephen indicated he'd be OK with us doing
> a document that was very specific to ABFAB but was uncomfortable
> with the general  document covering NEA, ABFAB and other uses. He
> seemed to question whether we actually needed to do this work.

I think Stephen was uncomfortable because there was no clear owner of
a general applicability statement.

My recollection is that Stefan and Joe agreed to split off the abfab
bits into a separate eap-applicability statement particular to abfab.

	Cheers Leif

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 16:59:36 -0400

>>>>> "Leif" == Leif Johansson <[email-masked]> writes:

    Leif> My recollection is that Stefan and Joe agreed to split off the
    Leif> abfab bits into a separate eap-applicability statement
    Leif> particular to abfab.

Ah, and that's the excellent news I didn't have!
Thanks for filling me in.