Subject: [abfab] Defeated by IANA

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 19:35:35 -0400

Hi folks.
I've submitted version of gss-eap-naming and gss-eap.
To my knowledge the following open issues exist:

#32 (gss-eap): radius iana considerations are placeholders

xx (not submitted gss-eap-naming): URN IANA considerations are a
placeholder.

I've bitten off somewhat more than I choose to chew in terms of IETF
draft load. And I don't particularly like IANA considerations sections,
and it shows from the above.
However, I'd really love to see these last called. So, chairs permitting
I'll submit new versions with the IANA considerations filled in
correctly as soon as the draft window opens up.

Now, I'd really appreciate reviews and people commenting on the changes.
I think I've done the things we agreed at the last meeting and I'm quite
happy with the overall quality of these drafts.  I'd really like to
thank Scott, Diego, Jim, Alexey, Josh, Alex, the chairs and anyone I've
forgotten who has contributed.  Your help has been important to getting
where we are.

I'm excited because I think we've made a lot of progress and I want to
see us send some documents to the IESG. I realize we need to get done
with the IANA considerations, chairs need to decide we're done, we need
to last call before that can happen. However I'm happy that we are
making significant steady progress!

I'm also happy we're making significant progress on our external
dependencies. Naming extensions is moving along in kitten and channel
bindings is moving along in EMU.

--Sam

---

From: Leif Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 21:21:25 +0100

> However, I'd really love to see these last called. So, chairs
> permitting I'll submit new versions with the IANA considerations
> filled in correctly as soon as the draft window opens up.

The chairs will certainly not hold IANA (or much of anything else for
that matter) against you.

	Cheers Leif