Subject: Re: [abfab] #8: Issues about using a AA rather than an IdP at one end

From: "abfab issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 11:01:56 -0000

#8: Issues about using a AA rather than an IdP at one end

Changes (by hannes.tschofenig@…):

 * cc: hannes.tschofenig@… (added)

Comment:

 The problem here is that we do not use good identity management
 terminology. Consequently, we have some problems as we have a certain
 understanding of what identity means and how the identity provider /
 attribute provider relates to all this. To make it worse there is also a
 relationship with the privacy terminology.

 I believe we will have to get together and talk about the basic
 terminology. We have put some new terms into the privacy terminology
 document, see https://github.com/hannestschofenig/tschofenig-
 ids/blob/master/privacy-terminology/draft-iab-privacy-terminology-01.txt.
 There are, unfortunately, still some loose ends.

-- 
--------------------+--------------------------------------
 Reporter:  ietf@…  |       Owner:  draft-ietf-abfab-arch@…
     Type:  defect  |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor   |   Milestone:
Component:  arch    |     Version:
 Severity:  -       |  Resolution:
 Keywords:          |
--------------------+--------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/abfab/trac/ticket/8#comment:1>
abfab <http://tools.ietf.org/abfab/>