Subject: [abfab] draft-ietf-abfab-gss-eap-naming believed ready for last call

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 15:48:59 -0400

I believe the version of gss-eap-naming I just posted is ready for WG
LC.

---

From: "Jim Schaad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 20:08:59 -0700

Major

NONE - I agree the document is ready for last call and progression

Minor

1.  Just because I keep having to go and read the SAML document every time,
it might be useful to provide an example in paragraph 1 of section 3 about
what makes a first part and a second part.  I would pass the document
without this, it is just a suggestion.

2.  In section 3 paragraph 2 - Suggest changing the first occurrence of URI
to URN so that sentence 2 and 3 use the same name for this value (URN vs
URI).

3.  In section 5, I thought we had agreed that there should be a statement
that "The values, prior to receiving the access-accept message, are
undefined."

4.  Section 6.1 - I think this is correct.  s/is always authentic when
present/is always authenticated when present/  If I am wrong (which is
possible) then I am not sure what the word authentic is supposed to be.  I
don't think it currently makes sense.  The argument against the above is the
following on sentence which states that a new GSS-API mechanism may allow it
to be unauthenticated.

5.  Section 6.1 - unclear if this is useful information or not.  Might want
to say that for GSS-API-EAP, it is the same as
"urn:ietf:gss:radius-attribute TBD".

6.  Section 5 - the above note just nudged a new one.  Does there need to be
a DIME attribute as the number space can be larger.  Perhaps just a comment
to the effect that some DIME space may not be reachable?

7.  Section 6.2 -- Possible comment to be added.  "If the implementation
does discard it, then processing the entire SAML statement will result in a
different answer than processing the individual attributes."   This might
just be a security considerations comment.

Nits

s/definied/defined/

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
> Of Sam Hartman
> Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 12:49 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [abfab] draft-ietf-abfab-gss-eap-naming believed ready for last
call
> 
> 
> 
> I believe the version of gss-eap-naming I just posted is ready for WG LC.
> _______________________________________________
> abfab mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/abfab