Subject: [abfab] Last Call: <draft-ietf-abfab-usecases-03.txt> (Application Bridging for Federated Access Beyond web (ABFAB) Use Cases) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 07:48:06 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Application Bridging for
Federated Access Beyond web WG (abfab) to consider the following
document:
- 'Application Bridging for Federated Access Beyond web (ABFAB) Use
Cases'
  <draft-ietf-abfab-usecases-03.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-08-06. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Federated identity is typically associated with Web-based services at
   present, but there is growing interest in its application in non Web-
   based contexts.  The goal of this document is to document a selection
   of the wide variety of these contexts whose user experience could be
   improved through the use of technologies based on the ABFAB
   architecture and specifications.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-abfab-usecases/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-abfab-usecases/ballot/

Some references need updating: RFC 2060 -> RFC 3501 and 
RFC 2821 ->RFC 5321.

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.