Subject: [abfab] Document Action: 'Application Bridging for Federated Access Beyond web (ABFAB) Use Cases' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-abfab-usecases-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 15:46:22 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Application Bridging for Federated Access Beyond web (ABFAB) Use
Cases'
  (draft-ietf-abfab-usecases-05.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Application Bridging for Federated
Access Beyond web Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stephen Farrell and Sean Turner.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-abfab-usecases/

Technical Summary

Federated identity is typically associated with Web-based services at
present, but there is growing interest in its application in non Web-
based contexts. The goal of this document is to document a selection
of the wide variety of these contexts whose user experience could be
improved through the use of technologies based on the ABFAB
architecture and specifications.

Working Group Summary

There has been some WG discussion around the Telecoms use case and 
the extent to which it should figure in this draft. The current text has WG 
consensus on that.

Document Quality

Given that this is a use-cases document there are no implementation 
plans. The contributors of use-cases have been credited. The document 
has been presented on a number of occasions which have led to inclusion 
of the Plasma and Telecoms use cases. The WGLC did not result in any 
voicing of discent, nor in consent for that matter. But that is probably not 
a problem given earlier on list and at meeting discussions and the nature 
of the document.

Personnel

Document Shepherd: Klaas Wierenga
AD: Stephen Farrell