Subject: [abfab] Jim's additional issues with aaa-saml

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 08:56:35 -0400

I met with Jim today to go over our proposed resolutions to his issues
and our discussion of naming and name congruence that we'll be
presenting tomorrow.

He brought up the following additional issues.

1) He wants a name ID form to describe a NAI.  That is, he wants to say
that the subject of this SAML message is the NAI "[email-masked]"

2) He convinced me that including the word state in the RADIUS state
subject confirmation method is probably wrong; he also believes section
9 needs more clarity.

We also discussed which service type should be used in the query
profile, but I want to have a round of that discussion in person with
you before trying to present to the WG.

--Sam

---

From: Josh Howlett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 08:39:14 +0000

>that the subject of this SAML message is the NAI "[email-masked]"

It's there: Section 6 (Network Access Identifier Name Identifier Format).

>subject confirmation method is probably wrong; he also believes section

As discussed yesterday, I feel this is probably the right name as we're
using the RADIUS State attribute (and not the XML) to convey the value
used to link the sessions. But I don't feel hugely strongly about it. I
agree that the existing text is way too terse.

>you before trying to present to the WG.

Yes, we ought to have a different service type and we can discuss this PM.

Josh.

Janet(UK) is a trading name of Jisc Collections and Janet Limited, a 
not-for-profit company which is registered in England under No. 2881024 
and whose Registered Office is at Lumen House, Library Avenue,
Harwell Oxford, Didcot, Oxfordshire. OX11 0SG. VAT No. 614944238