Subject: [abfab] Fwd: review of abfab ui draft

From: Leif Johansson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 15:30:46 +0100

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	review of abfab ui draft
Date: 	Tue, 25 Feb 2014 21:00:34 +0000
From: 	Ken Klingenstein <[email-masked]>
To: 	Leif Johansson <[email-masked]>, Rhys Smith <[email-masked]>

Good doc. Well written, seems to address the issues we understand right
now (modulo all the still todo's in the draft.) Once comment on the text
below -- trust anchors are more complex -- when we use self-signed certs
from the enterprises, the metadata signing key is becomes part of the
trust. Not sure how to work that concern in.

Have a good session in London. Some of us will miss the warm beer. 

For the identity selector to be able to verify that

the server it is going to talk to and attempt to authenticate

against is the server that it is expecting, and that it is not

being spoofed in some way. This is likely to be an X.509

certificate [TODO X509 ref], or a tuple of (trusted root

certificate, servername in Subject or subjectAltName).

             Ken