Subject: agentx protocol update draft - review items (2 more)

From: Mark Ellison <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jun 1999 15:51:19 -0400

Hi-

I've found a two additional changes to suggest in the agentx protocol
draft, attached below.

Regards,

Mark

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in section 7.1.3, "Processing the agentx-IndexDeallocate-PDU"
the last paragraph should read:

   All released index values are now available, and may be used in
   response to subsequent allocation requests for ANY_INDEX values and
   in response to subsequest allocation requests for the particular
   index value.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

according to RFC 2026, the following text needs to be added (I suggest
adding a section, just before the Full Copyright section):

13. Notices

   The IETF takes no position regarding the validity or scope of any
   intellectual property or other rights that might be claimed to
   pertain to the implementation or use of the technology described in
   this document or the extent to which any license under such rights
   might or might not be available; neither does it represent that it
   has made any effort to identify any such rights.  Information on the
   IETF's procedures with respect to rights in standards-track and
   standards-related documentation can be found in BCP-11.  Copies of
   claims of rights made available for publication and any assurances of

   licenses to be made available, or the result of an attempt made to
   obtain a general license or permission for the use of such propritary

   rights by implementors or users of this specification can be obtained

   from the IETF Secretariat.

   The IETF invites any interested party to bring to its attention any
   copyrights, patents or patent applications, or other proprietary
   rights which may cover technology that may be required to practice
   this standard.  Please address the information to the IETF Executive
   Director.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------