Subject: Fwd: basic Agentx question

From: Randy Presuhn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 14:51:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi -

Attached is a non-subscribe post to the agentx working group mailing list.
Subscription information is available at
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/agentx-charter.html

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Randy Presuhn           [email-masked]       http://www.bmc.com/
 Voice: +1 408 546-1006  BMC Software, Inc.  1-3141  2141 N. First Street
 Fax:   +1 408 965-0359  San Jose, California 95131  USA
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Any relationship between my opinions and BMC's should be coincidental.
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------

>From: "Rosenberg, Rochelle" <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Subject: basic Agentx question
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 17:00:15 -0400
MIME-Version: 1.0
X-Mailer: Internet Mail Service (5.5.2650.21)
Content-Type: text/plain

Hi,
Is one of the advantages of Agentx, with its binary TCP based 
protocol, is that it allows you to have a node(s) (separate embedded
products) 
that only contains subagent(s) (which know nothing about snmp and or mibs) 
and have another independent node as the master agent which is snmp/mib
omniscient?

============================
Thank you
Rochelle Rosenberg
Unisphere Solutions
[email-masked]
1-978-848-0421 (9:00am-5:00pm)
1-978-848-0300, ext 421 (evening)
============================