Subject: [apps-discuss] Which thread would you like this discussion on (was: http authentication thread)

From: John C Klensin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 15:47:58 -0500

Dear Area Directors,

Someone brought this to the Apps-Discuss list.  I can only
assure you that it wasn't me.  If you want discussions on
http-auth, websec, kitten --or any of a variety of other lists
to which I (and I suspect many others who want to follow
apps-discuss) have no time to subscribe--  then please ask
people to take/keep the discussion off of apps-discuss so that
those of us who are trying only to take a broad applications
view can claim ignorance (and, if appropriate, WGs with an
excessively narrow focus) when a specific proposal comes up on
IETF Last Call.   Otherwise, if the topic is going to be
cross-posted and cross-discussed on multiple lists, those who
are moderating those lists should be prepared to accept traffic
that arose as a consequence of posting to the others.

One or the other.

thanks,
    john

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Date: Sunday, January 09, 2011 13:06 -0700
From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [apps-discuss] http authentication thread

Folks, please reply to the http authentication thread only on the
[email-masked] list. As one of the admins for the
apps-discuss list, I have started to discard messages that cc
this list (e.g., if there are too many recipients or a
non-subscriber posts to this list).

---------- End Forwarded Message ----------

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Date: Sunday, January 09, 2011 20:02 +0000
From: Tobias Gondrom <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [apps-discuss] [saag] [websec] [kitten] HTTP
authentication: the next generation

I notice that you posted replies on this subject to the websec
mailing-list.
As all IETF WG mailing-lists this is a members-only list.
I will approve your post this time. If you in the future wish to
send emails again to this list, please subscribe/join:
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/websec
Otherwise, I will assume you cc'ed websec in error and discard
your emails in the future (as long as you are not a member).

Thanks and kind regards,

Tobias
(chair of websec)

---------- End Forwarded Message ----------

Subject: [apps-discuss] http authentication thread
From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 13:06:04 -0700
List-Id: General discussion of application-layer protocols <apps-discuss.ietf.org>

Folks, please reply to the http authentication thread only on the
[email-masked] list. As one of the admins for the apps-discuss list,
I have started to discard messages that cc this list (e.g., if there are
too many recipients or a non-subscriber posts to this list).

Thanks!

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

_______________________________________________
apps-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-discuss