Subject: [apps-discuss] Revising Full Standards

From: Mykyta Yevstifeyev <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 11:19:39 +0200

Hello all,

There are a number of Full Standards (STD20-26), that, IMO, need
revsising.  Firstly, all of these documents define the protocols only
for TCP and UDP, and that might be useful to define them for such
protocols, as DCCP or SCTP.  Moreover, in spite of being the Full
Standards, it does not meet the current practices and view of Internet
Standards.

So I'd like to ask whether making docs to obsolete these standards
make any sense?  Or it would be OK just to update the corresponding
dosuments for DCCP and SCTP?

All the best,
Mykyta Yevstifeyev

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 12:20:38 +0000

>Hello all,
Hi Mykyta,

>Standards, it does not meet the current practices and view of Internet
I haven't looked at specified Full Standards you mentioned above, so I 
am just commenting in general.

>dosuments for DCCP and SCTP?
I think doing the latter is usually the preferred way. That wouldn't 
invalidate Full Standard status of documents for transport protocols 
they were originally specified for.