Subject: [apps-discuss] apps-team review of draft-ietf-mif-current-practices-11

From: Xiaodong Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 21:54:31 +0800

I have been selected as the Applications Area Review Team reviewer for 
this draft (for background on apps-review, please see 
http://www.apps.ietf.org/content/applications-area-review-team).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments 
you may receive. Please wait for direction from your document shepherd 
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-mif-current-practices-11
Title: Current Practices for Multiple Interface Hosts
Reviewer: Xiaodong Lee

Review Date: April 26, 2011

Review Summary:
This draft is almost ready for publication as an Informational RFC but 
has a few issues that suggested to be fixed before publication.

Major Issues:
This draft gives the introduction about the multiple-interface solutions 
implemented in some widely used operating systems. It seems that this 
draft just simply introduces or lists every example. The author might 
consider the following suggestions:
     - Do some simple analysis of pros and cons of every implementation 
or solution;
     - Compare different solutions and make some possible suggestions. 
Since this draft aims for an informational RFC, doing some analysis and 
comparison will be helpful for the readers.

Minor issues:
- Both the "multiple-interface" and the "multi-interface" are used in 
this document with the same meaning.
- Term "PEERDNS" might have reference.

Nits:
- In Section 3.2.2.3, second paragraph, third sentence:
                 "become" should be "becomes" here.

Regards,

-- 
--
Xiaodong Lee,
VP&CTO, CNNIC
Professor, Chinese Academy of Sciences

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 16:00:06 +0200

Thanks for the review. Please see inline

> -----Message d'origine-----
> De : Xiaodong Lee [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Envoyé : mercredi 27 avril 2011 15:55
> À : [email-masked]; draft-ietf-mif-current-
> [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Objet : apps-team review of draft-ietf-mif-current-practices-11
> 

Another document that analyzes current practice is chartered. This document will address above points.

> - Term "PEERDNS" might have reference.

Ok

>                  "become" should be "becomes" here.

Ok