Subject: [apps-discuss] Alexey's final Apps AD report

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2011 21:47:14 +0200

Alexey Melnikov wrote:

> I meant to write a "Christmas edition" of my usual AD report, but 
> things got a bit out of hand with trying to finish various IESG 
> related tasks.
>
> At the moment, I am holding a DISCUSS on a single document 
> (draft-ietf-tls-rfc4347-bis-04 
> <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-rfc4347-bis/>.txt), 

I let Sean (the responsible AD) hold a DISCUSS for me on this document.

I managed to accumulate DISCUSSes on 3 SIDR documents, but I passed most 
of them to Stewart (the responsible AD).

> but this should be resolved before or around Prague. Other DISCUSSes 
> were either cleared, or were taken by other ADs who would remain on 
> IESG after Prague.
>
> At the moment I am concentrating on finishing sponsoring of a few 
> remaining drafts:
>
> 1) draft-ietf-httpbis-content-disp-06 - in IETF LC and I hope to get 
> it approved on March 17th IESG telechat. If this doesn't happen, Peter 
> will be taking over the sponsoring of this document.

Approved on Monday, March 28th.

> 2) draft-holsten-about-uri-scheme-06 - I am trying to get this 
> approved, but authors are not responding to my emails recently. Peter 
> will take over this document, if I don't get it approved for publication.

Peter Saint-Andre took over this document, I became the document shepherd.

> 3) draft-meadors-multiple-attachments-ediint-10 - This should be 
> reviewed by IESG on March 17th. I am hoping this can get approved 
> before my AD term ends at the end of March.

Pete Resnick took over this document.

> 4) draft-salowey-secsh-uri-00 - Waiting for the author to revise the 
> draft to address IETF LC comments. I am not certain that this document 
> will be approved before Prague.

Sean Turner took over this document, I became the document shepherd.

> 5) draft-ietf-tsvwg-iana-ports-10 - Reviewed by IESG. I need to enter 
> some RFC Editor notes to address IESG and some IETF LC comments. I 
> hope to get this approved before Prague.

Approved on Wednesday, March 30th.

> 6) draft-bryan-metalinkhttp-21 - In IESG review on March 3rd. Good 
> effort from editors to clear DISCUSSes on the document. I am hoping to 
> get this approved before Prague.

Approved last week.

> I am spending a significant amount of my time tracking EAI and HYBI WGs.
> I am planning to close MORG WG before Prague.

Done.

> I am hoping to either close or start rechartering discussion for YAM 
> before Prague.

I didn't have time to do this. I will followup with Pete Resnick (who 
took over the WG).

> I am also trying to finish some IESG/IETF related projects:
> 1). Trying to finish Sieve External List (one of my documents) with 
> Barry Leiba. Approval of this document would release 3 related Sieve RFCs.

A new version was posted by Barry. The document is in WGLC now.

> 2). Several related discussions on making URI/Media Type review 
> processes easier and more transparent. I am hoping to discuss some 
> proposed changes in Prague (during the Apps Area meeting), plus make 
> some process/tool changes on IESG side (at least for MIME types)

I now have lots of emails to read, reply and process. Somebody mentioned 
that I should have lots of free time now ;-).

> If you think this list is missing something, please let me know.

Other things of interest:

RFC 6186 (Use of SRV Records for Locating Email Submission/Access 
Services) and RFC 6125 (Representation and Verification of Domain-Based 
Application Service Identity within Internet Public Key Infrastructure 
Using X.509 (PKIX) Certificates in the Context of Transport Layer 
Security (TLS)) got published on March 30th.

After consulting with my co-ADs, there were some changes to WG chairs of 
several WGs:

Gabriel Montenegro replaced Joe Hildebrand as a co-chair of the HYBI WG.
SM replaced Chris Newman as a co-chair of YAM WG.
I became the 3rd co-chair of the APPSAWG.

The OAUTH WG was moved to the Security Area (it wasn't my WG, but I 
participated in the talks.)