Subject: [apps-discuss] APPSDIR review of draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-discard-prefix

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 15:31:03 -0800

I have been selected as the Applications Area Directorate reviewer 
for this draft (for background on appsdir, please see 
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/ApplicationsAreaDirectorate ).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments 
you may receive. Please wait for direction from your document 
shepherd or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv6-discard-prefix
Title: A Discard Prefix for IPv6
Reviewer: S. Moonesamy
Review Date:  January 10, 2012

Summary: This draft is ready for publication as an Informational RFC.

Major issues:

None.

Minor issues:

None.

Nits:

In the Introduction Section:

   "This document updates [RFC5156]."

It is not clear what is being updated as RFC 5156 is a compilation of 
special IPv6 addresses defined in other RFCs.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

---

From: Nick Hilliard <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 12:21:28 +0000

> special IPv6 addresses defined in other RFCs.

this document requests another special ipv6 address prefix, which is what
RFC5156 is all about.  So it's appropriate that it mentions that it's
updating RFC5156, no?

Nick

---

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 07:54:40 -0800

Hi Nick,
>RFC5156 is all about.  So it's appropriate that it mentions that it's

Yes.  The last sentence in the Abstract Section contains "updates 
RFC5156 by explaining".  The Introduction Section does not contain a 
similar explanation.

I consider my comments as addressed.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy