Subject: [apps-discuss] Feedback on draft-moonesamy-rfc2919bis-01

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 15:40:34 -0800

Hello,

I moved the List-Sequence header field from 2369bis to 
draft-moonesamy-rfc2919bis-02 after discussing about the drafts with 
Grant Neufeld.  I'll submit the revision in a few days.

Murray S. Kucherawy [1] [2] commented on the purpose of Appendix 
A.1.  I will be making the following change:

   A popular feature of some MLMs is the "tagging" of the Subject header field
   by prefixing the header field's contents with the name of the mailing list,
   e.g. "[example]" for a list called "example".  The difference between a List
   Identifier and a subject tag is that while a List Identifier is unique,
   a subject tag is usually the short form of a mailing list's name.
   Such a namespace is inherently flat, unmanaged and thus non-unique.

I removed the text in Section 6 about case-insensitive string 
comparison.  Murray also commented on the switch from "localhost" to 
"invalid" and I responded to the comment [3].

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/apps-discuss/current/msg04039.html
2. http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/apps-discuss/current/msg04049.html
3. http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/apps-discuss/current/msg04040.html