Subject: [apps-discuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-appsawg-json-patch-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 15:59:05 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Applications Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : JSON Patch
	Author(s)       : Paul C. Bryan
	Filename        : draft-ietf-appsawg-json-patch-00.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2012-01-03

   JSON Patch defines the media type "application/json-patch", a JSON
   document structure for expressing a sequence of operations to apply
   to a JSON document.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-appsawg-json-patch-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-appsawg-json-patch-00.txt

---

From: Mykyta Yevstifeyev <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2012 09:22:32 +0200

Hello,

I wonder why these two docs (JSON Patch and JSON Pointer) both have
the Intended status 'Standards Track' whereas RFC 4627, that specifies
JSON and is the core specification is Informational.  Or do we want
'standardize' JSON - than we could produce 4627bis as PS, and include
these proposals in such a document.

Mykyta Yevstifeyev

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 21:53:29 +0000

> Hello,
Hi Mykyta,
> these proposals in such a document.
I don't think there is any effort to republish JSON on Standards Track, 
as it was standardized outside of IETF.

However JSON is an allowed DownRef and is already marked as such in the 
registry of allowed DownRefs maintained by IESG.