Subject: [apps-discuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-appsawg-greylisting-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 13:53:18 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Applications Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Email Greylisting: An Applicability Statement for SMTP
	Author(s)       : Murray S. Kucherawy
	Filename        : draft-ietf-appsawg-greylisting-03.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2012-02-15

   This memo describes the art of email greylisting, the practice of
   providing temporarily degraded service to unknown email clients as an
   anti-abuse mechanism.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-appsawg-greylisting-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-appsawg-greylisting-03.txt

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 13:57:25 -0800

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2012 1:53 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [apps-discuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-appsawg-greylisting-03.txt
> 
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
> directories. This draft is a work item of the Applications Area Working
> Group Working Group of the IETF.
> 

This version takes into account various recent feedback, some of which came from members of the Messaging Anti-Abuse Working Group, a group external to IETF but with which we have a liaison relationship.  MAAWG is meeting next week in San Francisco, and there may be another round of feedback from that which I'll bring to APPSAWG as well.

It also changes its intended status from BCP to PS, because it's really an applicability statement.

Comments requested.  If it appears to be stable between now and Paris, I'd like to request that we start WGLC during the Paris meeting.

Cheers,
-MSK