Subject: [apps-discuss] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-pettersen-subtld-structure-09.txt

From: "Yngve N. Pettersen (Developer Opera Software ASA)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 14:01:50 +0100

FYI

<http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-pettersen-subtld-structure-09.txt>

------- Forwarded message -------
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc:
Subject: New Version Notification for  
draft-pettersen-subtld-structure-09.txt
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 13:48:55 +0100

A new version of I-D, draft-pettersen-subtld-structure-09.txt has been
successfully submitted by Yngve N. Pettersen and posted to the IETF
repository.

Filename:	 draft-pettersen-subtld-structure
Revision:	 09
Title:		 The Public Suffix Structure file format and its use for Cookie
domain validation
Creation date:	 2012-03-06
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 15

Abstract:
     This document defines the term &quot;Public Suffix domain&quot; as
meaning a
     domain under which multiple parties that are unaffiliated with the
     owner of the Public Suffix domain may register subdomains.  Examples
     of Public Suffix domains include &quot;org&quot;, &quot;co.uk&quot;,
&quot;k12.wa.us&quot; and
     &quot;uk.com&quot;.  It also defines a file format that can be used to
     distribute information about such Public Suffix domains to relying
     parties.  As an example, this information is then used to limit which
     domains an Internet service can set HTTP cookies for, strengthening
     the rules already defined by the cookie specification.  This
     specification updates RFC 6265 [RFC6265] by defining the term
&quot;Public
     Suffix domain&quot;.

The IETF Secretariat

-- 
Sincerely,
Yngve N. Pettersen
********************************************************************
Senior Developer		     Email: [email-masked]
Opera Software ASA                   http://www.opera.com/
Phone:  +47 23 69 32 60              Fax:    +47 23 69 24 01
********************************************************************