Subject: [apps-discuss] Call for Adoption: draft-kucherawy-received-state-02.txt

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 18:25:23 +0100

Murray presented this draft in at least one of the face to face IETF 
meetings and my recollection is that general feedback on this document 
was positive. So I would like to initiate acceptance call for processing 
this document in the APPSAWG.

Please indicate your support or objection, and opinions thereto before 
the close of business on May 1st.

Alexey, as an APPSAWG co-chair

---

From: "Murray S. Kucherawy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 17:44:09 +0000

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Alexey Melnikov
> Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2012 10:25 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [apps-discuss] Call for Adoption: draft-kucherawy-received-state-02.txt
> 
> was positive. So I would like to initiate acceptance call for
> processing this document in the APPSAWG.
> 

I've forwarded this to ietf-822 and ietf-smtp as well.

-MSK

---

From: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>
Date: 25 Apr 2012 05:23:17 -0000

>> the close of business on May 1st.

I have my doubts about the utility of this feature, but it is at worst
harmless so it's fine to publish it.  The quality of the draft is good,
didn't see anything that needed to change.

R's,
John

---

From: Steve Atkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 06:50:49 -0700

> didn't see anything that needed to change.

It looks fine to me. There have been times when something
like this would have been nice to have - pretty rare, but it when
I needed it, it would have been very useful.

Cheers,
  Steve

---

From: Ned Freed <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 19:08:56 -0700 (PDT)

> didn't see anything that needed to change.

I think there's some utility here - additional trace information is almost
always a good thing - but even ore important is breaking the impasse
that has prevent extensions to Received:. This seems as good a document as
any to do it.

So: +1 to this becoming a WG draft.

				Ned