Subject: [apps-discuss] Fwd: Protocol Action: 'Update to MIME regarding Charset Parameter Handling in Textual Media Types' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-appsawg-mime-default-charset-04.txt)

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 23:36:02 +0200

(FYI)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Protocol Action: 'Update to MIME regarding Charset Parameter 
Handling in Textual Media Types' to Proposed Standard 
(draft-ietf-appsawg-mime-default-charset-04.txt)
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 14:10:42 -0700
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
CC: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Update to MIME regarding Charset Parameter Handling in Textual Media
    Types'
   (draft-ietf-appsawg-mime-default-charset-04.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Applications Area Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Barry Leiba and Pete Resnick.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-mime-default-charset/

Technical Summary

This document changes RFC 2046 rules regarding default charsetÂ
parameter values for text/* media types to better align with commonÂ
usage by existing clients and servers.Â

Working Group Summary

This is part of a trio of related documents that had good support fromÂ
within the working group. Apart from this, the development and processingÂ
were not unusual.Â

Document Quality

The document alters MIME character set defaults to match currentÂ
practices. The current media type registration designated expertÂ
(Ned Freed) has reviewed and agrees with the material in the document.Â

Personnel

The document shepherd is Murray Kucherawy.
The responsible AD is Barry Leiba