Subject: [apps-discuss] draft-sullivan-domain-origin-assert-00

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2012 17:08:53 -0400

Dear colleagues,

I posted today draft-sullivan-domain-origin-assert-00.txt.  The point
of this draft is to outline a way of publishing records in the DNS, so
that one can figure out what names have some sort of administrative
link to one another (I've called this the "administrative realm",
although probably not consistently, and I'm not too happy with the
term).  The idea is that you'd be able to use the mechanism in order
either to consider different DNS names as somehow linked together (so
that, for instance, cookie policies or other such things could be
adapted accordingly), or (more often) to determine that names are
_not_ linked together in order to foil illegitimate attempts to assert
links.  

I can't think of any other list that is appropriate, but if people
have an alternative I'm all ears.  I haven't explicitly pointed
commenters at this list yet, pending permission from the list
moderators.

Comments (shredding, &c. &c.) are eagerly solicited.  

Best regards,

A

-- 
Andrew Sullivan
[email-masked]