Subject: [apps-discuss] Mailing list to discuss about Applications Area Directorate reviews

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 11:58:07 -0700

Hello,

[Bcc to apps-discuss.  Please follow up on appsdir@]

The Applications Area Review Team has been posting reviews to 
apps-discuss@ since October 2009.  The Applications Area Directorate 
continued the practice as the objective is to allow open discussion 
of the reviews.  As a reminder, the comments in the reviews do not 
bear more weight than comments submitted by an individual during a 
Last Call.  The directorate also perform early reviews, i.e. reviews 
before a last Call is issued, so that there is more time to address the issues.

Apps-discuss@ is also used by APPSAWG.  The work in that working 
group generates a significant amount of mail traffic.  When combined 
with the APPSDIR-related traffic, it turns in a somewhat high volume 
of mail and it may hamper the work of APPSAWG.

It was suggested to me that APPSDIR reviews should be discussed on a 
different mailing list.  In my opinion, it is important that APPSDIR 
continues the practice of encouraging open discussion of the 
reviews.  I would like to suggest that APPSDIR reviews be posted to 
[email-masked] as from June 1, 2012.  This is an administrative 
decision for the directorate to take.  Feedback from apps-discuss@ 
will be taken into consideration.  The Applications Area Directors, 
as usual, have the final say.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy