Subject: [apps-discuss] APPSDIR review of draft-melnikov-smtp-priority-tunneling-02

From: Joseph Yee <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 17:48:47 -0400

I have been selected as the Applications Area Directorate reviewer for
this draft (for background on appsdir, please see
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/ApplicationsAreaDirectorate
).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
you may receive. Please wait for direction from your document shepherd
or AD before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-melnikov-smtp-priority-tunneling-02
Title: Tunneling of Message Transfer Priorities
Reviewer: Joseph Yee
Review Date: 2012-06-22

Summary:

    This draft is ready for publication as an Experimental RFC.

Major Issues:

    none

Minor Issues:

    none

Nits:

    (1)
        At section 1 Introduction, the text in third paragraph talks
about unextended MUA in scenario 2, but in the detailed description at
5th paragraph, it says "The client is extended via a plugin.....".
Although the text meant many MUA plugin do not cover SMTP protocol
features, the word "extended" in detailed description has some
confusion.  Suggest to change it to "The client is extendable via
...."

    (2)
        Section 1 Introduction, 3rd paragraph, typo
        s/scenarious/scenarios/

    (3)
        Several references (Normative References) were not used.
Although some textes "touched" keywords like 'MSA', it did not cite
specific rules or concepts.  So either add the reference back in text
or remove the references work, IMHO.
        - [RFC2034]
        - [RFC5321]
        - [RFC5248]
        - [RFC6409]

Regards,
Joseph