Subject: [apps-discuss] Changes to draft-ietf-appsawg-about-uri-scheme-05

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 15:27:15 -0700

Hi Alexey, Murray,

I have not seen any objections about the changes in 
draft-ietf-appsawg-about-uri-scheme-05.  I propose the following 
changes for the last revision:

Section 2.1 (proposed):

2.1. URI Scheme Syntax

    The "about" URI syntactically conforms to the <about-uri> rule below,
    expressed using Augmented Backus-Naur Form (ABNF) [RFC5234]:

      about-uri = "about:" about-token [ about-query ] [ about-fragment ]
      about-token = *pchar
      about-query = "?" query
      about-fragment = "#" fragment
      pchar     = <as specified in RFC 3986, Appendix A>
      query     = <as specified in RFC 3986, Appendix A>
      fragment  = <as specified in RFC 3986, Appendix A>

    In terms of RFC 3986, <about-token> part corresponds to <hier-part>,
    <about-query> to the query component and <about-fragment> to the
    fragment component of the URI.

The second sentence about the IRI prohibition in the "Encoding 
Considerations" paragraph and the reference to RFC 3987 should be 
removed.  Occurrences of "Special-purpose" in Section 5.2 will be 
replaced with "Well-known".

Regards,
S. Moonesamy