Subject: [apps-discuss] Applications Area Working Group (AppsAWG) chairs

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 09:33:54 -0400

At the Paris IETF meeting, we announced that we would be swapping out
appsawg chairs, and we did some of the swap then.  Alexey has remained
in the chair... um... chair for a transition period, and it's time to
complete the swap now.

Salvatore Loreto will co-chair AppsAWG with Murray beginning on 1
July, and Alexey will step down at that time.  Salvatore also chairs
HyBi, as well as SIP Overload Control (soc) in the RAI Area.  He's an
active reviewer on the Applications Directorate, and many of you know
him.

Alexey plans to finish up some of his shepherding tasks.  He also
still chairs WebSec in the App Area, Kitten in the Sec Area, and SIDR
in the Rtg Area; he's in the App and Sec Directorates, and serves on
the RFC Series Oversight Committee.  Giving up AppsAWG doesn't mean
he's in retirement, and we'll have more to pile on him soon enough.
Alexey, thanks very much for your work in AppsAWG!

Barry

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 18:08:15 +0100

> he's in retirement, and we'll have more to pile on him soon enough.
Yay, retirement :-).
> Alexey, thanks very much for your work in AppsAWG!
Thank you. Rest assured that I will be causing more troubles in the WG in the future ;-).

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 11:12:46 -0600

>> he's in retirement, and we'll have more to pile on him soon enough.

We saw how well that worked when you retired from the IESG. ;-)

Thanks, Alexey!

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/