Subject: [apps-discuss] Moving SMTP-related discussions to ietf-smtp

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 09:40:39 -0700

Hello,

There is now an ietf-smtp mailing list [1] hosted by ietf.org for 
discussions about SMTP.   I suggest moving non-APPSAWG discussions 
about SMTP from [email-masked] to [email-masked].

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1. https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-smtp

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 09:48:59 -0700

On 6/12/2012 9:40 AM, S Moonesamy wrote:
> discussions about SMTP.   I suggest moving non-APPSAWG discussions about
> SMTP from [email-masked] to [email-masked].

is this meant to be cover SMTP details, specifically, or to cover all 
Internet Mail technical and operational details?

d/
-- 
  Dave Crocker
  Brandenburg InternetWorking
  bbiw.net

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 13:47:43 -0400

If it follows the charter of the original [email-masked] mailing 
list, it would be details specific to SMTP.

In the past, we've split things between the mailing lists along protocol 
lines: ietf-smtp, ietf-imapext, ietf-pop3ext, and then ietf-822 for the 
mail format. We've never had a catchall mailing list for other internet 
mail technical or operational details.

Is it time to rethink this?

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 14:26:46 -0400

> Internet Mail technical and operational details?

This is meant to exactly replace the old list at <[email-masked]>.
 Similarly for ietf-822, which is still in process.  I'm getting a number
of lists copied over from imc.org, subscriptions and archives and all.

I'm still travelling, and Steve from AMS is just getting these done, so I
haven't posted a general note about them yet.  I'll do that on Friday,
after I get home.

Barry

---

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 10:04:47 -0700

Hi Dave,
At 09:48 12-06-2012, Dave Crocker wrote:
>is this meant to be cover SMTP details, specifically, or to cover 
>all Internet Mail technical and operational details?

I suggest keeping the ietf-smtp mailing list as it was before and 
adding the SMTP related discussions we have been having on 
apps-discuss.  That would cover SMTP and operational details 
including what you mentioned above.  Such a change would help to 
reduce apps-discuss traffic.

As a note Barry deserves credit for the moving the ietf-smtp mailing 
list to ietf.org.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 14:13:34 -0700

On 6/12/2012 11:26 AM, Barry Leiba wrote:
> This is meant to exactly replace the old list at <[email-masked]
> <mailto:[email-masked]>>.  Similarly for ietf-822, which is still in
> process.

oh.

ack.

from the announcement I thought some mail-related traffic on 
apps-discuss was supposed to migrate to the 'new' list.

d/