Subject: Re: [apps-discuss] Review of: draft-ietf-dime-rfc4005bis-09

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 09:09:36 -0700

Hello,

I received a comment about the Applications Area Directorate 
(APPSDIR) review of draft-ietf-dime-rfc4005bis-09 ( 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/apps-discuss/current/msg06768.html 
).  There is some background information about the Applications 
Directorate at 
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/ApplicationsAreaDirectorate 
Some information for document authors is available at 
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/area/app/trac/wiki/template I'll highlight 
the following:

   "In plain English, this means that the comments in the Applications Area
    Directorate review does not bear more weight than a comment submitted by
    an individual during a Last Call."

There was a Publication Request on May 23 for 
draft-ietf-dime-rfc4005bis.  I assume that the draft is ready for 
review.  APPSDIR tries to perform early reviews, i.e., catch issues 
early so the document authors have more time to address the 
issues.  It is up to the authors, or working group, to decide about 
whether the issues should be resolved and how to do so.

If you have any questions about APPSDIR you can contact the 
undersigned or post a message to the [email-masked] mailing list.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy