Subject: [apps-discuss] I-D Action: draft-ietf-appsawg-http-forwarded-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 05:25:49 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Applications Area Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Forwarded HTTP Extension
	Author(s)       : Andreas Petersson
                          Martin Nilsson
	Filename        : draft-ietf-appsawg-http-forwarded-07.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2012-08-13

Abstract:
   This document standardizes an HTTP extension header field that allows
   proxy components to disclose information lost in the proxying
   process, for example, the originating IP address of a request or IP
   address of the proxy on the user-agent-facing interface.  Given a
   trusted path of proxying components, this makes it possible to
   arrange it so that each subsequent component will have access to, for
   example, all IP addresses used in the chain of proxied HTTP requests.

   This document also specifies guidelines for a proxy administrator to
   anonymize the origin of a request.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-http-forwarded

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-appsawg-http-forwarded-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-appsawg-http-forwarded-07

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/