Subject: [apps-discuss] UPDATED Last Call: <draft-ietf-appsawg-media-type-suffix-regs-06.txt> (Additional Media Type Structured Syntax Suffixes) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 08:50:08 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Applications Area Working Group
WG (appsawg) to consider the following document:
- 'Additional Media Type Structured Syntax Suffixes'
  <draft-ietf-appsawg-media-type-suffix-regs-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-10-19. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract
   A content media type name sometimes includes partitioned meta-
   information distinguish by a Structured Syntax, to permit noting an
   attribute of the media as a suffix to the name.  This document
   defines several Structured Syntax Suffixes for use with media type
   registrations.  In particular, it defines and registers the "+json",
   "+ber", "+der", "+fastinfoset", "+wbxml" and "+zip" Structured Syntax
   Suffixes, and updates the "+xml" Message Type Structured Syntax
   Suffix registration.

Note that this document contains completed registration templates
for the Structured Syntax Suffixes it registers.  Those registrations
include normative references to a number of external (non-IETF)
documents that describe the formats being registered.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-media-type-suffix-regs/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-media-type-suffix-regs/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.